Wednesday 2 October 2019

‎Corvoidea - 31 Days Of Halloween Day 2

Merry met crafty friends.  Tis nearing the witching hour and the bird of ill omen stands watch in the night.  Bwahhahahahahahaha


I started with a dark blue base card and stamped the main image which is Crafty Individuals Gothic Crow stamp.  Then I masked it and stamped the text of Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven poem.  This is in the Crafty Individuals The Raven set.  I'm actually impressed I could read it!!  That is teeny tiny text.  So cool the detail you get with real rubber stamps!!!   I go astray........  I used white dye ink and gave the whole card a watercolour wash.  It's my first time trying this and I'm quite pleased with the result.  Practice will make perfecter.  Then I remasked the crow and used distress oxide for the moon.  

This is my spooktacular offering for today.  Back soon with more.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
LeighSBDesigns 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop 2019
Dream In Darkness 
Creative Inspirations Challenge - Masculine or Halloween/Autumn

 

10 comments:

Lyneen said...

I love that Gothic Crow stamp.... May have to find it!!! Great card! Love the mood you got with the wash!!! Thanks for sharing!!! ~~ Happy 31 Days of Halloween

My Side of Oz said...

Love all things Poe, of course! Cool look!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Happy Day 2! Wicked cool Poe themed card, love that Gothic Crow! Thanks for joining the 31 Days of Halloween spooktivities at LeighSBDesigns Inspiration Blog!

Vivian Foo said...

Cool make.

valscraftings said...

Love all things Poe fab x

Susan Renshaw said...

Stunning! Love the images and the blue wash.

Crafting With Jack said...

Brilliantly spooky, love that bird.

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Wonderfully wicked make. Love the image and the text you chose.

Tink said...

Great card!

Squiddy said...

Really like the white "shadowing" behind the cross. Thanks for sharing at Dream In Darkness.