Monday 7 October 2019

Any Day Moose

Hello.  Welcome.  I'm kinda a clean and simple sort of girl usually, but I have a seen a stamp a few times that looks like you fell over in the forest and you are staring up at a ring of trees.  Well, I had a tree, and I wondered if I could recreate the look of a whole forest. 


The moose and tree are from Joy Clair's Merry Christmoose set.  I stamped the moose in the corner and masked him.  Then I stamped the tree like a gazillion times with Pine Needle and Iced Spruce distress ink.  Then I had an idea to add some details to the trees but stamping it with black archival all over the place again.  I stamped the sentiment from Joy Clair Butterfly Kisses set, and also a couple of the small butterflies to fussy cut and cover a couple of wayward branches.  I coloured the moose with Promarkers and tried to make him look not xmas.  I decided the white circle needed to be a bit more sunny, so gave it a Mustard Seed distress ink wash and then smeared some Gold Brilliance ink around to give the whole scene a sunny glow, and also stamped a few more trees!!  Back to the clean and simple me thinks.........

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Joy Clair WCMD Challenge 2 - My Versatile Joy Clair Stamps
Joy Clair WCMD Challenge 3 - Brake the Rules/Open Your Windows
Simon Says Stamp World Card Making Day
CAS-ual Fridays Stamps World Card Making Day Challenge
Stamping Sensations - Trees, Leaves, Autumn


3 comments:

Sally H said...

What a fun tree themed card! Thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations this month and Good Luck!

brenda said...

Great thinking outside the box Gail, a super effect with the trees, many thanks for joining our 'Trees/Leaves/Autumn' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

pinky said...

This is just brilliant!! Love the tall trees and the light shining through. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
pinky