Sunday 13 October 2019

Rockin' Rodent - 31 Days of Halloween Day 13

Merry met mist walkers.  My 31 Days of Halloween offering tonight is, at first glance, a little bit cute, but wait!!
Flying rodents!!!
It makes me shiver to think of it.
Even if they are cute rodents!!!!
Meet Spiffy. 




I started by cutting a piece of copper card with a stitched circle die.  Then I cut a piece of bronze card with a Spellbinders Cog die.  I embossed it with Do-Crafts Triboss Cogs embossing folder.  I love this bronze card, cos it has a black core!!!  Sandpaper for amazingly cool effects. 


I stamped Spiffy with black archival and coloured with distress inks and Promarkers.  I started adding the Korthobby.no metal charms, the cog with the flower (they are separate pieces) bottom right, the clock hands just above the right wing, and then I had one of those moments.........   Lets make him rock!!!  So I cut a 15 x 10cm base card with the circle die, which puts the card hinge about 3/4's of the way up the front panel, making for a nice steady rocker.


Here he is mid-roll........   I had to do a bit of trial and error with the final metal charm, the open clock top left.  I used a bit of folded low tack tape to figure out where it needed to be for counterbalance.  I added a piece of grey card stamped with a cog behind the clock for a nice shadow effect.   I think this is the best rocker I have made.  He really rolls beautifully.
Go Spiffy, GO!!!!

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
LeighSBDesigns 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop 2019
Scrappesyken Oppgave 1 - Make it Round, Optional Steampunk
Sandee and Amelie Steampunk Challenge - AG Steampunk/Industrial
Korthobby's Inspirasjonsgruppe - Alt er Lov 
Scrap the Rainbow #16 - Farsdag/Maskulint



11 comments:

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the steampunk feel. I think it is quite a cute little rodent!

Maura said...

Flying rodents...I'm with you there on that oh no feeling! But what a cute idea to make him steampunk! Thanks for sharing with us at SASPC!! hugs, Maura

Lyneen said...

Happy 31 DOH! Rocking and Rolling Steampunk Rodent!!! LOVE it!!! Happy 31 DOH!

Tink said...

OMG! Love your Rodent!

valscraftings said...

Love the steampunk feel for this one!

Val DT LeighSBDesigns x

Dotty Jo said...

Go Spiffy, go! Jo x

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

He is adorable. Love the details on your project.

My Side of Oz said...

Spiffy is a bit frightening..mice are scary enough on the ground! Each bit of steampunk that accompanies him is great!

Jorunn`s scrapperier said...

Flott form på kortet og herlig figur
Takk for at du deltar hos Scrap the Rainbow
DT Jorunn Elin

klistersøster said...

Thank you for sharing with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges. Glad to see you here, Gail. I know flying bats, but flying rodents, it's a new one. Spiffy rocks. Hugs, Susan

Vivian Foo said...

Love the steampunk theme.