Wednesday 23 October 2019

Thankful Poodle

Hello Nomad friends.  Welcome.  The cats are taking over blogland, but tonight I am sharing a poodle.  This die cut is an oldie, but a goodie!!  This is one of the red Sizzix dies.  I wanted to join the Unstampabelles challenge so I had a little shuffle through my die cut scraps and LO! a card was born. 


I wouldn't usually call a card base a scrap, but this piece was a bit of a strange size and a bit wonky as well, so I scored it and trimmed off the bottom and it works perfectly as a bit of a tall skinny for this cool poodle.  I used the piece I cut off to die cut Winnie and Walters Thanks and, after drawing two lines with a pen, I returned the die cut piece to the bottom of the card for that faux-emboss look.  I found the die cut circles and arranged them in an ascetically pleasing manner on the card and added the paper pieced poodle.  Three times fast on that one please.  Googly eyes and a few sticky gem stickers and it's done!!

Thanks for dropping by.  Back soon with more Halloween fun and probably more cats.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Unstampabelles Challenge 94 - Well Thank You Twist Brilliant in Blue
Pixies Snippets Playground Challenge 363

4 comments:

Di said...

Oh Gail - what a fun card! LOVE the poodle - it reminds me of the poodle in a Wallace and Gromit film (the name escapes me but Wallace was ensnared by this female and her shy and rather sweet poodle was also making eyes at Gromit.) I just found it using Google - it was Fluffles the poodle, the femme fatale was called Piella and the short film is A Matter of Loaf and Death! One of my favourites :)

Hugs

Di xx

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing your amazing project with us in the October "Well, Thank You" Challenge over at UnstampaBelles, and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, UnstampaBelles DT
Love To Scrap 2

frommycraftroom said...

Love the faux embossed look of the sentiment. Great to use up some pieces too. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

Keti's Projects said...

Super cute card. Thank you for sharing it with us at UnstampaBelles. Keti (DT)