Sunday 14 October 2018

Quirky Sunday

Hello.  Welcome.  Rain, rain, rain, rain!!!  Well, what can you do??  Let's craft!!  I decided to perk myself up by going a little quirky.  And blokey as well!!  Me thinks the day is looking up already!!!  It's always a good day when I get a masculine make!


 I started by finding my shaving foam and reinker experiment from last weekend.


Hmmmm!!  This has been hanging around a week but thrifty crafter felt that there was still some potential here.  So I pulled another print from it.  It was a bit dried out and had lost it's foamy texture but I got to use it once before it suffered a total and irreversible collapse.


OK, it's not a WOW background but I thought it would make a perfect base.  And it smells nice!!


I grabbed a Sizzix embossing folder called Numbers, smeared Tea Dye distress ink on it and embossed my panel.  


I made a border using some pale blue card, a Sizzix Tribal border die and this PaperArtsy stamp from the Dolls 1 set.  I cut the card and inked the number bit of the stamp and randomly stamped with Salty Ocean distress ink.  Then I pieced all those little bits back in.  OK, not really!!  Life is too short.  I cut a piece of the blue card and backed the diecut with it.  


A couple of bits of ephemera made with the Paperartsy Dolls 1 set and a Stamplorations stitched tag die from the Tag O'Coffee set.  I cut the tag and stamped with the two postmark stamps from the dolls set with Salty Ocean DI.  I stamped the male doll on brown paper with black archival and fussy cut him.


I added a scrap of plaid paper and it all went together like this on a brown card base.  The sentiment is from Paperartsy Ding & Dong Plate 5 cos sometimes quirky needs direction.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you are having a crafty day.  Hugz

Supplies
Stamps: PaperArtsy Dolls 1, Ding & Dong Plate 5
Dies: Sizzix Tribal Border, Stamplorations Crazy Double Stitch Rectangle, Tag O'Coffee tag
Embossing Folder: Sizzix Numbers
Inks:  Salty Ocean, Tea Dye distress, black Archival, Caramel Adirondack reinker
Other:  Blue, brown and white card and brown paper, DCWV plaid paper, Shaving Foam

Joining the fun at
Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge - Men
Paperartsy Topic 17 - Colour Box of Eggs inspired by blue and brown and Topic 16 reinkers and shaving foam
Winnie & Walter WCMD - Number Cruncher Challenge
Kreativ Scrapping Utfordring 10 - Mann og Dies
Winnie & Walter WCMD - Dress Up Your Die-cuts
Crop Stop October Link Party 44 - Option Use Plaid


9 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is another stunner! You're on crafty fire, Gail, Jo x

PaperArtsy said...

That shaving foam BG embossed and inked looks amazing!! Love your project! Great to see Mr Impress out and about!! ~Leandra

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

Great idea! Love how it all came together! Thanks!

Esther Asbury said...

Love all the elements you included on your quirky card! So fun! So happy you linked up to Cropstop this month!

Inger Marie said...

Great card:)
Thanks for playing with us at Kreativ Scrapping
Hugs, Keativ Scrapping

The Crafty Bat said...

Love the background on your quirky card.
Thank you for joining us over at Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge.
Kelly (DT) x

Fikreta said...

its wonderful!

Scratch said...

Lovely card!

thank you for participating in our challenge at Kreativ Scrapping!

DT Linda

Susan Renshaw said...

Great combination of elements!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
DT for Mixed Media
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!