Sunday 28 October 2018

Dragonfly Kisses

Hello.  Welcome.  Paperartsy have a stamping platform challenge.  I have ye olde IKEA double frame, which I keep meaning to modify slightly or see if I want to spend my pennies on the prof version, so I figured this was a great time to give it a whirl!!  


My idea was a stamping platform would be a great save for solid stamps, cos often they are difficult to get a really good image on.  I used this solid leafy branch stamp from Paperartsy Eclectica 04 and stamped it in three shades of green distress ink 4 times.  Three would have worked but I was having fun!!  Then I has a eureka moment - stamp kissing!!  I grabbed the dragonfly stamp from Hot Picks 1105, inked it with black archival, stamped it on the leaf stamp and then stamped the leaf stamp on the card again to give a bit of texture to the leaves.  What fun!!  Saves cutting a mask!!  I used a fine black pen to go around the edges of the leaves to make them pop a bit more.  I stamped the Rubber Dance sentiment in green ink and added a drop of crystal lacquer on the end of the bottom leaf.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Paperartsy Topic 18 - Stamp Platform Techniques
Addicted to CAS Challenge 148 - One Layer
Country View Challenges October - Plant-tastic
Cardz TV Anything Goes Challenge 71 

3 comments:

Miriam said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining in with the Country View Crafts Challenge.

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful clean design and I love all the shades of green in the leaves! Great idea to do stamp kissing, too (I always forget about this technique) ~ A lovely one layer card, Gail! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATCAS!

Teresa said...

Beautiful CAS design Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at Country View Challenges. Good luck and hope to see you again. Teresa DT