Tuesday 10 February 2015

It's A Plan

Hello.  Welcome.  I have decided I want to use up some of the patterned paper that I have in my stash.  Even the ones that are so pretty I can hardly bear to cut them up.  I mean, what's the point of having all these pretties if we never use them??  OK, I admit there might be a few ugly papers in there somewhere, and using those might possibly present more of a challenge than using the pretties ROFL.  Anyway, I was so pleased to see the challenge over at Mark's Finest Papers cos it helped me with my plan.....




I stamped Mark's Finest Papers Tiger stamp on patterned paper, clear embossed and then covered with black archival.  The paper I used was some orangey autumn themed paper which already had some embossed glittery areas.  That's the dots.  Then I stamped the sentiment from the Tiger set on orange patterned paper, clear embossed and used black archival again. 

Joining the fun at
Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge 248
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - All Things Bright and Beautiful 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

9 comments:

Christine said...

Fun card. Great idea to use the autumn paper for the tiger card. Thanks for sharing with us on Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge.

My aunt is a quilter and she says that if you still don't like the pattern of the fabric, you haven't cut the pieces small enough. I think the same could be applied to paper.

Kay Wallace said...

Love your tiger, Gail! Great embossing, and I love the orange matting to tie it all together. Quite the perfect quote in that set! ;-)

Vickie Y said...

Magnificent! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP SF&F Challenge.

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Very nice card! Thanks for playing all with us at MFP SF&F!!

Jane said...

He looks so sweet!!! Love your card...
Thanks for playing this week at MFP SF&F.

Lynne Mizera said...

Ha!Ha!Ha!... I have never heard that particular quote before but I LOVE it! (possibly because I might be the Tiger?) And I had an immediate memory of an incident with my daughter and my son when they were in their teens... in that case I WAS the tiger! Smile... thanks for the memory Gail!

kReN said...

Love your tiger. Thanks for "sponging" with us this week at the MFP/SFF challenge.
kReN, MFP/DT
afourthlife.blogspot.com

Stampsnob. said...

You want to dig out your uglies often this is lovely glad you shared at SFF MFP...Lis

Anne said...

Very sophisticated! I thought this technique easy to do but actually difficult to find the right stamp, designer paper and ink. I wasted a lot of stuff trying to do it! Your card looks great!