Saturday 28 February 2015

Fiddle Fuddle

Hello.  Welcome.  Gosh, the last day of February.  I've been working on a wintery christmassy card.  It seemed a good idea at the time.  I am not a big fan of fuss and fiddle and it took a lot longer than I thought it would.  Isn't that the way??  But I like it.  So that's OK.  I doubt I will make another one though.  But then again, I rarely do LOL.


I took a piece of Authentique patterned paper and die cut using Memory Box Tivoli Snowflake.   TIP!! position your die so you have single big pieces falling off the edge of the card.  This picture shows the die cut paper mounted on silver embossed paper before I pieced back in the edges. 


Here's it is with the edges pieced back in.  I used distress inks, Ocean Spray, Iced Spruce, Stormy Sky and Brilliance Starlite Silver on the die cut showflakes and then stuck them back on the panel. 


I've added some more backing layers.  I cut the snowflake again from white and pale blue glitter card and layered them together.  The sentiment is a Crafty Individuals  stamp.


Close up on the sparkly snowflake.

Joining the fun at
Hjerteboden Utfordring i Februar - Blatt og Vinterlig
Rudolph Days February 2015
CHNC Challenge 218 - Cut It Up
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - No Rules
Papertake Weekly - Take Your Pick cool  colours

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

5 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Stunning card! Love the pretty colours and your intricate diecuts. Your patience paid off as this card is so stunning.

Thanks for taking part in the February Rudolph Days Challenge. Good luck in the prize draw!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 218 - hope to see you again soon x

Darnell said...

Wowza, Gail, this is a fiddling masterpiece!! What a labor of love, but, oh, so worth it!! Stunning! Hugs, Darnell

Kathleen said...

A lot of work gone on here and it looks stunning, great choice of colours and a fabulous card.

Kath x

Cornelia said...

Flott kort som du verkligen lagt ner ett fint arbete på! Tack för att du deltar hos oss i Hjerteboden!