Sunday 22 February 2015

Beach Shoes

Hello.  Welcome.  The Craft Barn have a challenge for shoes.  Now I got a paper mache mini sandal box in a goodie box from The Craft Barn many moons ago.  This seemed the idea opportunity to give it a make over.  



I didn't check the before pictures and they were too blurred to use so we are moving right along to the finished sandal.  I painted the bottom of the box blue and stamped with Dylusions fish stamp.  I painted the top yellow and stuck on some white sand.  I die cut Sizzix phrase A Day At The Beach from gold card and stuck that round the edge of the sandal.  Then I spent ages looking for one of those cocktail umbrellas!!!   I know there is one kicking around here somewhere but I was in hiding.  Then I remembered I had some beach themed buttons.  Perfect!!  Here's a view of the sand dollar, surfboard and fins.  



The sunglasses, tanning oil bottle and the umbrella.



The rest of the sentiment.  I had two umbrella buttons so I was able to take one apart and make my umbrella double sided.  

Joining the fun at
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - Shoe
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - A Piece of Paradise 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Add a Little Texture 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you are having a great weekend.  Hugz

10 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Awww this is so cute! It makes me wish for springtime!

Cynthia said...

This is fabulous, Gail!

Craftyfield said...

The beach at my feet! Splendid and fun project.

Suzanne C said...

How cute and clever! Love the scene you created all in a shape of a sandal! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What an absolutely fabulous creation! It is full of whimsy and I thought it was brilliant to turn it into a little piece of paradise. I love the sand and how you made the sentiment wrapped around the sandal's base. So much goodness to look at and I'm so glad you shared this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Lorraine A said...

fabulous creation Gail ! this certainly does capture the whole feeling of summer ! Brilliant ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Scrapmate said...

What a fun project - I could do with some of that sand and sea right now!

Jane said...

Wow, this is great! So clever. Thank you for joining in the Challenge.
Jane x

maggie said...

So well thought out and a really fun piece.

Dawn Louise said...

wow, I'd never have thought to create a scene on top, this is so fun and fabulous. and it was great to see it entered in the craft barn challenge. hope you like my Katie Shoe that week.