Thursday 12 February 2015

Glitter and Shine

Hello.  Welcome.  Today was warm and mild day I took advantage to go out in the garden and do a bit of tidying.  I had absolutely no help from this guy



Say hi to Bob.  He was having a very relaxed day.  Now and again he would get up, nibble on something, check the girl bunnies were still in their cages, then lie down again somewhere else.  Usually where I wanted to work or walk.  No help.  



I wanted to use Unity Stamp Co. Beach Girl which I was lucky enough to win in the GIU blog hop.  Thanks Unity.  I started with paper from Basic Grey Serenity collection.  I used Memory Box Shine stencil and Stormy Sky distress ink.  Then I bumped the stencil and used Salty Ocean distress ink.  I stamped Beach Girl on white card and coloured with watercolour pencils.  I cut her out and added her to the background.  Then I thought it needed some bling so I went a little crazy with the glitter glue dots.  I think I might be using this stamp a lot.  

Joining the fun at
Unity Stamp Co Be Inspired Challenge 24 - Colours 
Ett Trykk Vi Jubilerer - Utfordring 5 
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday January 2015 the stamp is new
Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge February - Stencilling
Unity Stamp Co. Friends With Flair

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz  

26 comments:

Lynne Mizera said...

Gail, This card is Breathtaking! I love Angie Blom's stamps but I don't have this one and now I NEED IT! (grin) And I absolutely LOVE what you did with that stencil... I am so CASEing this one!!

Kay Wallace said...

Great background, Gail, especially with the stencil/bump technique. Your glitter glue dots remind me of the sun sparkling on the water--well done on that, too. The image is new to me (lucky you!) and you have done her proud!

Renee said...

Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

Lizzy Hill said...

Oh my gosh this looks FABULOUS!! I can see why you will use this stamp a lot!!!

Beth F. said...

Such a wonderful card!
Beth
Beth's Beauties

Ruby said...

Stunning card.

Gaylynn said...

Wow, she turned out really nice. Love the colors. And "Hi Bob".

Linda said...

what a great card.

Iris said...

So pretty - love the image and the colors.
isoscia at aol dot com

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Great job!!

Tracy said...

Hellooooo to Bob ♡ gorgeous card ...love it xxx

D- said...

Your card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
{I came over from Unity FWF}
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

Sue D said...

I feel very relaxed looking at Bob's picture.
Beautiful coloring on your card and I like the stenciled background.

Cynthia said...

Your helper-bunny is very similar to my girl-labrador! Always plops down where you need to work. This card is stunning, Gail. The background really makes this image pop!

Unknown said...

Very impactful!

Kim
Craftisan Studios
Design Team Showcase

Janis said...

Awwwww.....Bob is adorable!!! So glad you posted a photo of him. How many rabbits do you have?
Your card is fabulous, as always!!! LOVE your background technique!!! I really need to start using my stencils and try this out.
Saw you on Unity FWF.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Scrapper Myra said...

Very very nice card. I love that girl too

Sid said...

Loving your stencilled creation ! I have also become your latest blog follower.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

The rays in the background look amazing!

Crystal said...

Lovely card and I love the burst background!

Life of a Caffeinated Mom said...

The ray burst are perfect. Great card.

Donna K said...

What a great background piece! Love this design and your bunny is too cute!

DIANA L. said...

WOWZER!!! this is awesome great blue color the image is fab I love it.
I saw this on Unity FWF. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

ionabunny said...

Hi Janis, thanks for your comment. I have 13 rabbits at the moment. 6 are only 10 days old. They are lionheads, nothing like Bob. Will get a photo when they fluff up. Hugz

ionabunny said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments. I, and Bob, are most grateful for the time you have taken to visit us. Hugz

Linda said...

I love this! The background looks fab and what a great stamped image! Thanks for joining in with the TIMI challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx