Wednesday 25 February 2015

Get Your Swagger On

Hello.  Welcome.  Isn't it strange how sometimes lots of inspiration all comes together in one place.  I started this card with a 10 x 10 cm card base, because that's one of the challenges over at Ett Trykk, where they are celebrating 10 years.  I chose they colour scheme cos RRR have a purple and green with ribbon theme, which also fits the Papertake Weekly cool colours.  I decided to use the sketch over at STAMPlorations for my layout and Cheery Lynn have an anything goes theme, which works perfectly because I was in the mood for some ribbon weaving.  And it's not even Christmas!!!  Ahh well, once in a while it's good to go crazy..........

So here he is.  Sweet......



My 10 x 10cm base card was cut using Bazzill Grape Jelly.  Love those dots.  I used a layer of pale purple leaf embossed paper and also cut a stitched circle using a Simon Says Stamp die.  I used Cheery Lynn Southern Charm Valance die cut twice from MME patterned paper.  Then I cut off the flourishes and wove green satin ribbon.  I cut Cheery Lynn Mini Rum Punch Doily from purple card and layered it with the stitched circle.  The bird is Unity Stamp Co. Swagger coloured with distress inks.  I stamped 'sweet' from STAMPlorations Sugar Rush set onto a piece of the ribbon. 

My Inspiration Sensation is joining the fun at
RRR Challenge 112 - Purple and Green with Ribbon 
STAMPlorations Sketch Challenge 28 
Ett Trykk Vi Jubilerer Utfordring 12 - Minikort 
Papertake Weekly Take Your Pick - Cool Colours 
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 173 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes 
Unity Stamp Co. Friends With Flair

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

33 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

LOVE! That bird is one of the coolest things ever! And the color scheme you chose just speaks to my vibrant-loving heart. Thanks for linking it up at STAMPlorations. Oh, and if you want more info about the Spring Coffee Lover's blog hop, you can check out http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/

ionabunny said...

Thanks Becca, for the comment and the link. See you there maybe. Hugz

scrappymo! said...

What a very fun card! Love the vivid colours...looks wonderful. If you make a Xmas card before the close of Feb 28th, pop back and enter for the Memory Box die!

Lizzy Hill said...

Fabulous & stunning, stunning, stunning! Those colours !!!!!!

Kay Wallace said...

A great card, Gail! I am a great bird fan, so love your sweet bird! Good luck x 6!!

LeslieRahye said...

This is great Gail!~ I love how you used the southern charm valance--great idea!
Thank you for joining Cheery Lynn Challenges! Good Luck!

Debbie's Time Out said...

Very cute card. Thanks for joining us in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you.

Sari / Granne said...

Faaaabulous, love the colorcombo and the awesome bird, witch have a great coloring on. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations challenge.

Gaylynn said...

Wow, your colors really pop and look amazing for this birdie design. Awesome card.

Katherine said...

Neat card! I love that ribbon weaving- that looks like a lot of work!

Ruby said...

SWEET card.

Dawn Louise said...

Hey Hun, Superb card, adore your bird and the bright colours, greetings from FWF x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Wish I would get birds that color on my feeders! So cool!

Doreen said...

Love this,great image.xxx

Linda said...

I love your purple and cute image.

Lynne Mizera said...

This is one of My VERY FAVORITES from you... Love those stamps Girl, and you are Rocking them!

Janis said...

Fabulous colors, Gail. Always enjoy your work!!!! Saw you on Unity FWF.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Iris said...

So pretty - love that bird.
isoscia at aol dot com

shulsart said...

What a cute bird, Gail, and I love how you have used the valence die, very pretty. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Miwa said...

How fun! Love the color combo!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh my gosh - LOVE these fabulous colors and that cute, cute, bird! What a great card, I love everything about it ♥

Karen said...

Oh Gail, I love the coloring on your birdie! :) Great color combination and fabulous card! Thanks for playing in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Good luck!

Dawn Fields said...

This card is so cute!

T.L. Creations said...

Your card is definitely SWAgalicious! I love every wonderful detail! This cutie definitely put a huge smile on my face. :) Thank you!

Sue D said...

Fun color combo!

Scrapper Myra said...

Sweet card. Love the color combo.

Nonni said...

Super cute card and colors are perfect for spring/Easter! Love it! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

LauraEva said...

That is a great card...Love the colors!

Crystal said...

I just love this color combination and your design! Super awesome card!

Unknown said...

Sweet. Love the color combo.

Kim
Craftisan Studios
Design Team Showcase

Donna K said...

So GREEN and so FUN! Love this design!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This vibrant card is such fun! I love that cheeky little bird and the ribbon weaving is beautiful, too! Thanks for sharing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Amber Milone said...

Such a wonderfully vibrant card! I love that adorable bird stamp. Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!