Thursday 5 February 2015

In The Deep Midwinter

Hello.  Welcome.  A special hi and hello to Bibi.  So glad you have joined my happy little following.  Hugz all round.  

Sunny here today and cold.  It warmed up to -3°C.  I was out in the garden for a few hours playing with the animals and sitting in the sun.  Then the sun went behind the mountains, the temperature dropped rapidly, and I decided to admire the snowy landscape from the comfort of the living room.   Maybe that's why I'm thinking Christmas again.  I decided to join in with the CASEing Christmas challenge where this week Mynn's card made me think birch trees, icy blues and snowflakes.  



I started with a piece of embossed pearlesent paper.  I cut Die-namites Deer Birch Background once from mid blue card and once from vellum.  I layered these and stuck them on the background paper.  I added the panel to a steel blue card that I stamped with a snowflake using silver ink. 



Joining the fun at
CASE-ing Christmas Challenge 5  
Winter Wonderland - Lots of Layers 
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes 

Thanks for your visit.  Hugz

9 comments:

Judy V said...

Great card! Love the embossed background you placed the pretty die cut on! Thanks for joining us again at CASE-ing Christmas!

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! I LOVE the fabulous texture and wintry blues! Thank you for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas! Hope you join us again soon! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Kay Wallace said...

So dramatic, Gail! Such great texture!

Peanut said...

Beautiful card, Iona. The snowy background compliments the wintery scene perfectly. Thank you for sharing your project with CASE-ing Christmas.
hugs, Asha

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous texture and images, Jo x

Anita said...

This is lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASE-ing Christmas. Hugs, Anita DT

Rosmarie said...

Great card, Gail! Love the silver snowflakes on the background and the beautiful Deer Birch die-cut!
Thank you so much for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas!
Rosi x

Rocky said...

Thank you for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas with your 'cool' card. Love that background texture too.

Lynne Mizera said...

What a lovely, wintery scene - it makes me miss our acreage that we just sold... happy (and sad) sigh...