Monday 15 September 2014

Coat of Many Colours On Ugly Paper

Hello.  Welcome.  Simon Says Stamp are celebration STAMPtember.  I loved Suzz's project which used a technique called Josephs Coat of Many Colours.  I decided to try this technique on some cheap ugly papers I have had lurking around for a while.



 I stamped the circles using a stamp from Simon Says Stamp Artful Borders set with VersaMark and embossed with clear powder


I went over the embossing with black acrylic and wiped off the embossed areas



I stamped Prima Little Girl on Basic Grey Indian Summer paper, coloured her with Promarkers and added glitter.  This was her first outing out of her packet so that makes her NBUS!  The balloon was diecut from red foil.  I added a bit of the ugly paper for her to stand on and mounted on a hot pink base card.  Party!!

Joining the fun at

Thanks for your visit.  Hugz


9 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Not ugly, just misguided. The artist tripped and fell while carrying all sorts of colored paints and inks. Obviously it was all she had so, WAHLAH! New paper design. That is a fabulous image to recover from the disaster. Extraordinary. - Jim

Virginia L. said...

REALLY COOL! I love your stamping on pattern paper! It's so artsy and lovely with the image! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Create Your Own Background Challenge!

Darnell said...

That was fascinating, Iona!! What a remarkable technique for redesigning patterned paper! It's bright and sensational and perfect for your balloon-carrying party girl!! Thank you so much for playing in my second NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

Nikki said...

Ha ha, I have plenty of ugly PPs I could try this technique on, thanks for the inspiration! {hugs} Nikki x

Blankina said...

Hi such a cool technique to use your "ugly" papers..Love the result, cheery and fun perfect with the doll!
Glad you have joined Loves Rubberstamps,
goodluck,
Hugs Blankina

Kay Wallace said...

Talk about an explosion of color, Gail, you certainly nailed this technique! Gorgeous!

Anita said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/

Michelle Pearson said...

Very nifty technique! I shall try it someday!!

Rosie said...

This is awesome and thanks for sharing this technique! I'm sure I have lots of ugly papers I can try this on!! Thank you for playing in our challenge at www.7kidscollegefund.com. Hugs, Rosie