Wednesday 10 September 2014

Little China Doll

Hello.  Welcome.  I am trying to remind myself that my new years resolution was to be more organised.  I think I need to make myself a big sign.  Or maybe I should just spend the time putting a few things away LOL.   As usual, tidying up uncovers a wealth of unfinished projects and the little grey cell is so easily distracted........



I've used the sketch from Unity Stamps challenge and DCWV Far East stack.  I cut the DCWV paper into 4 strips and stuck them to my black base card.  The doll is from Unity Stamp Co. You're My Bestie set and the sentiment from Unity Stamp Co. Big Time Special set.  I coloured the doll with Promarkers and added Wink of Stella clear to the dark green bits and also to the sentiment.   The glitter doesn't show well in the photo but if you click on it, it gets bigger, and you may see the sparkle. 

Joining the fun at
The Unity Stamp Co. Challenge 19 - Sketch/Colours
Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge 228 - Glittery Friendship Card
STAMPlorations September Challenge - Stamps and Markers
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Stamp It
The Unity Stamp Co. Friday Friends With Flair

Thanks for your visit.  I appreciate the time you take to read my waffle and comment ;-)  Big hugz

25 comments:

Stampsnob. said...

I can't see the glitter but I am sure that is in the scanning of your lovely card or my computer screen thank you for sharing at MFP ........Lis

Jingle said...

Very cute card! Thanks so much for playing along with the STAMPtember® Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Gail :-) I love the whole Oriental look of this, the colours and delicate sparkle are perfect. I can see the subtle glittery effect, lovely :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So adorable, that cute doll and fab background! Thanks so much for playing with us at STAMPlorations. I hope to see you there next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so cute. Love the image.
Thank you, for joining us for the Speedy Fox challenge.

vic said...

Hi Gail oh this is so pretty love the doll and glitter just beautiful!
Hugs
Vic x

Kay Wallace said...

Love the DCWV Far East pack, Gail, and your have paired it perfectly here with your China Doll stamp! Love your cards and its very special message!

kReN said...

Darling card, Gail. Thanks for joining us at the MFP/SFF challenge this week. Good luck!

kReN@
http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

Beth F. said...

A wonderful card!
Beth
Beth's Beauties

Gaylynn said...

Awe, how sweet she is. Lovely card.

Ruby said...

Very sweet card.

Crystal said...

Very pretty card! I like how you cut the beautiful background paper into different sized strips!

Linda said...

what a great layout.

Waving My Wand said...

Wow, love this a lot! So pretty!

Tracy said...

Beeeautiful card Gail , a touch of the Orient :-) xxxx

Debra Davison said...

Amazing combo of Unity & DCWV--- 2 of my favorite companies !!

Barbara Washburn said...

I saw your card in mfp challenge and had to come take a closer look. I like the idea of cutting the strips. Nice job!

Sue D said...

The paper is perfect for this doll.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Fantastic creation!

Lindsey said...

Love this card! It has just the right amount of Asian flair to it. Perfect colour choices, too.

Scrapper Myra said...

Lovely card. Good to see you every FWF.

JPScraps said...

Adorable!

Nonni said...

What a super cute card with oriental feel! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

Rubeena I. said...

Cute!

Miwa said...

Such a pretty card!