Sunday 21 September 2014

APC 1 and 2

Hello.  Welcome.  Don't you just love acronyms.  Well, as long as you know what they mean LOL.  So now I've got a new one.  To go with ATC (Artist Trading Card or maybe Army Training Corps), ATB (Artist Trading Block or All The Best),   LOL (Lots of Love or Loads of Laughs) [a problem if someone is getting married or just died], and now APC (Altered Playing Cards or Armored Personnel Carrier)  ROFL.   I have to admit to not being 'up' with all this computer lingo and if someone sends me a load of letters I have no problem asking what they mean.  If you don't ask you'll never learn.  Please feel free to share your favourites.  We might all have a laugh and also learn a few new ones.  Hugz.  Oooh, a bit early for hugz!!  If you are still with me at the end of this long post you can have some more.  

The challenge has been set by Claudine.  Altered Playing Cards.  Here's my first 2.  I was hoping to post 3 and 4 as well but they are still works in progress.  Tomorrow, tomorrow, la la la, la la la........  Get yourself a cuppa and come and join the fun.......
 

I have only 1 Dylusions spray, Cut Grass, so I used that with DI Mustard Seed.  I like how the scratches and some of the blue card back show through.  


My first card!  I used Sizzix border die to cut the palm trees in black card.  I added some white pen highlights, and also to some of the scratch marks.  There's a couple of childish birds out there as well.  I cut the sun in black and have written fear less, or maybe fearless, with white pen.  The sentiment is a STAMPlorations stamp from the Subway Art Builders Create set.  I'm going to enter this card STAMPlorations monthly challenge where they want stamps and markers.  

I searched the stash and found SmoochSpritz Log Cabin and Tattered Angels Pewter Glimmer Glaze.  Spritz, splash and a little black archival around the edges and a little bit more.  I like how the brush strokes in the gesso show through.


Card 2.  The owl and the sentiment are stamps from Unity Stamp Co.  I coloured Woo Hoo Owl with DI Picked Raspberry and Salty Ocean.  I added glitter glue to his glasses frames and glossy accents to the lenses.  Some of the glitter migrated into the glossy accents!  I added two tiny glitter blue hearts cut using a Cheery Lynn die.  These cuties are negative cuts that are usually thrown away.  The small stamps are various from PaperArtsy stamped onto DCWV patterned papers.  A little IKEA spotty tape and that's 2/52!

That's my first two.  Woo Hoo.  I'm sorry, but if you aren't doing this challenge then I probably can't explain how much fun it is.  If you are, then I hope you are having a blast.  Such fun.  Thanks Claudine.  

I'm also going to join these beauties over at
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Rock The Techniques 
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday August 2014 - Stamping

Thanks for your visit.  Wait for it...... Hugz

11 comments:

Claudine said...

Ohhh these are great, love your backgrounds specially that green one. Nicely done

Anonymous said...

lovely work!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous. Stunning BG on both APC's. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month. Good Luck! Monika DT

2amscrapper said...

following you back.....thanks for the visit. love your first 2 cards. great texture on the green one and that owl is too precious. Helene

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I'm so late visiting, but like you, wanted to pass on some non-FB love. I really like how you made these cards your own. Super job and idea.

I'm with you on the idea of "FALL." Why use it when autumn is the proper word. That's why I had mine falling down the vine.

Sylvia said...

These do look like great fun, fabulous.

Sylv xx

Becca Cruger said...

Ah! The owl is just so darn cute! Good job!

Dangina Martinez said...

Oh My! I would love to receive these in my Mail Box! Love the gorgeous deep colors and adorable image!
Xo, Dangina

maria f. said...

Love those scratch marks revealing the playing card underneath. What a great effect. Thanks for hooking up at STAMPlorations this month.

Deepti said...

Wow gorgeous BGs, thank you for sharing with Stamplorations

Craftymoose Crafts said...

These are absolutely awesome! The scratch marks are really cool, and the color scheme just makes those black palm trees pop out!

I'm another of those who don't use FB, etc, and will be on the look out for your next cards!