Tuesday 9 September 2014

Do You Ever Get That Feeling

Hello.  Welcome.  There's lots of autumn challenges appearing around blogland and our weather was full on autumn today.  Cold and damp and drizzle.  I prefer those cold crisp autumn days when the sky is blue, your breathe is a cloud and you can go through the piles of leaves with the noise of a strong wind or maybe a steam train.  I would also be very glad to see summer again.  They did say it was coming back this week but obviously it got a little sidetracked.  A bit like me.........

Anyway, Stampotique want us to Refresh it.  Revisit an old favourite stamp and give it a new lease of life.  So I decided to use Rabbit, who hasn't been out in the woods for a while and add Wicked Wednesdays ATC challenge of Fall Fun


I started by stamping Stampotique's Rabbit and masking him.  Can you see him?  I used DI Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold and Scattered Straw for the background base.  Then I stamped Judi Kins Leaves in DI Dried Marigold, Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries and Walnut Stain.  Maybe I should leave Rabbit hidden in the woods?


But no, out he pops, all dressed in his best.  Light and Dark Green Wink of Stella.  I added some Walnut Stain to give him somewhere safe to stand.   I had decided this was going to be a single layer ATC but I always think Rabbit is nervously looking over his shoulder for something lurking just out of sight.  So, one layer be gone!!

 
BOO!  I cut a hole in my ATC and folded back the edges.  Then I backed it with black card, which also made the backside nice after the earlier inky extravaganza!  I added a pair of wobbly eyes.  I was going to add more, but it didn't look right, so Rabbit will just have to be discontent with one pair peering out at him.  I was hoping it was a scary monster from the 5th dimension but looking at it now it looks more like a sunflower that has had too much sun!!  LOL 

Joining the fun at
Stampotique Designers Challenge 163 - Refresh It
Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge 122 - Fall Fun
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Stamp It 
Penny Black and More September Challenge - Autumn Colours
Stampinback Challenge - Not CAS 
Papertake Weekly - Repeat Repeat  leaves, leaves, leaves 

Thanks for your visit.  Sending you good wishes, positive thoughts and hugz. 

11 comments:

Mag het een onsje minder zijn, said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at the Stampinback card Challenge

Anonymous said...

this is such a fun card and the bunny truly looks concerned; perfect fall colours. the first pic reminds me of those puzzle pages where you had to find the hidden image. thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more.
linda

Denice said...

LOL, he does not look like a sup-tanned sunflower! Love the autumn colored stamped background. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Wicked Wednesday.

Lin said...

What a fun card, Gail, and I enjoyed hearing about your process of making it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Kaz said...

Love this ATC, Rabbit looks perfect on your fab background. Thanks for joining in with my challenge this week at Stampotique.

Kay Wallace said...

You're quite right about that look of anticipation (and not necessarily in a good way) in Rabbit's eyes, and you have not disappointed him! Love your background, Gail! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Stampotique Designers' Challenge again this week!

brenda said...

Beautiful design and gorgeous Autumnal colours Gail, absolutely perfect for our theme at Penny Black and More, thanks so much for joining in and sharing your lovely work with us.

B x

Sam & Poppy said...

Perfect for Autumn and it made me smile Gail.
Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique, have a lovely weekend :)

Mervi said...

Fabulous background and cute atc.
Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Penny Black and more, welcome again;-))m

Lisa said...

Very pretty card! The background is fabulous!
Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

*Arwen* said...

Haha funny card - awesome!
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge :)

xx Arwen