Wednesday 17 September 2014

A Lamb's Tale

Hello.  Welcome.  A special hi and hello to Jim, aka Irish Cherokee, and Kristie.  So glad you have joined my happy little following.  Hugz all round.  

Over at Marks Finest Papers the Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge was County Fair.  I was a little stumped, started thinking about pumpkins and farm animals, and then I remembered a stamp set I came across the other day which had a couple of cute sheep.  Well, I think they are cute......


I stamped the sheep, masked, and stamped the wall from Nellie Snellen's Ollie's Spring set (NBUS).  I have used my white gelly roll pen on the sheep with some grey and pink Promarker highlights.  I also used a Promarker to draw my grass.  I decided a county fair needed a pennant so I have tied bits of ribbons on to a white piece of string.  Sorry for all the shadows.  This was surprisingly difficult to photo.  My base card is cream and I think my camera wants it to be white and all the other color levels get thrown off.  But what do I know.....

Joining the fun at
Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge 229 - County Fair 
NBUS Challenge 2 - Option 4 sheep and wall are NBUS
Stampotique Designers Challenge 164 - Birds or Animals
CASology Week 113 - Grass
DRS Designs Challenge 139 - I'm All in Knots 

Thanks for your visit.  Hugz

By the way, I used Tonic Studio's Craft Tacky Glue to stick the pennant down.  I mention this because I was very impressed how quickly it set, and no mess.  I bought this glue because it had a fine applicator and I wanted something to stick down all thse fine diecuts.  I have been very pleased with it.    It has taken me a while to find a fine application glue I like so I thought you might like to know about it.  LOL


12 comments:

Darnell said...

This is so adorable, Iona! Are they neighbors having a bit of gossip or two courters having a bit of woo? I love a card that makes you think up a story. Your sweet ribbon pennant is just fabulous!! Thanks for the tip on the fine tip glue that works and for playing in my NBUS Challenge again!! Hugs, Darnell

Stampsnob. said...

Adorable, so primitive I am glad you shared at Marks Finest papers.................Lis

Kathi said...

How fun! I love your little white sheep, though they might want a black sheep to make things a bit more fun!

Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

Helen F. said...

Oh this card is so cute, Iona! I think those little sheep are darling and the ribbon banner is a great idea :)

Pamela said...

Definitely agree that the embossing diffuser plates are helpful :) Or you could always buy those cutting boards and cut it up!

Love the card and wow the masking is amazing!

Sue said...

This is too sweet for words Gail, perfectly cute without the yuk lol. I love how you've drawn in the grass, and the pennant is brilliant, but those sheep are a show stopper! Thank you so much for joining in with my challenge at Stampotique, and have a fab weekend. Sue xx

Ardyth said...

Super cute! Love how the white pops off the background and how you've made your grass! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Kay Wallace said...

Photography can sometimes be a challenge, Gail, but I wouldn't worry about your shadows--just shows depth! Cute as a button card! Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers' Challenge!

Magda said...

This is soooo cute! Great colour combination and all the elements. Fab idea with pennant! Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers' Challenge! Magda

massofhair said...

My favourite glue too, it is such a fabulous product i bought three as i know i will use it a lot. First glue i have ever done that with!

Lovely card, love your grass and the cute sheep, the bunting is adorable.

A light box might help you with shadows, there are lots of tutorials of how to make them on YT :-) xxx

wannabcre8tive said...

What a cute card. I love the little sheep and the pretty ribbon banter.
Thank you for joining us for the Speedy Fox and Friends challenge.

Corrie Herriman said...

Great card and I love that ribbon banner ! Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique !
Corrie x