Thursday 11 September 2014

Reindeer Dancing

Hello.  Welcome.  This morning the sun is shining and I felt all jingle bells.  I remembered that over at Wnter Wonderland the challenge is Scandanavian Christmas and since I am in Norway I decided I must join in.   Also Craftyhazelnut's theme is Do you hear what I hear? which I think is very cute.  So I had to find a little bell for my reindeer.  It's real.  It rings.  Not sure what the postman will make of that......


I used STAMPlorations sketch for my design.  I wanted some red and white patterned paper so after a search found this one from Dovecraft Eastern Promise collection.  I thought it looked a bit like clouds and would suit my flying reindeer.  It needed a bit of bling so I added glitter glue.  I edged my white base card and the paper panels with DI Barn Door.  The reindeer is Sizzix Reindeer #2.  It comes with a matching embossing folder and I highlighted the embossed areas with Barn Door.  I added a piece of red ribbon and the tiny bell.  I die cut a reindeer from white foam as well to give more dimension.  The sentiment is an Anita's stamp embossed with red embossing powder.  

Joining the fun at
Winter Wonderland - Scandinavian Style 
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 193 - Do You Hear What I Hear 
STAMPlorations Sketch Challenge 19 
DREAM It UP - Christmas and Holidays Challenge 

Thanks for your visit.  Have a great day.  Hugz


14 comments:

Jamie Martin said...

Very pretty, the clean and simple look is stunning. Thank you for playing along with the Dreamweaver Stencils challenge this month!

Viki Banaszak said...

That is so cute! I love the reindeer!

Anonymous said...

Another lovely creation, love the white and red colour and this very gorgeous reindeer! Thanks for joining us again at STAMPlorations for our sketch challenge. Good Luck! Monika DT

Deepti said...

Oh my that reindeer is awesome :) great Christmas card !

Pam Hornschu said...

Ooooh, love this reindeer, and how you added the color! Thanks for linking to the Dreamweaver challenge this month!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Iona - beautiful Christmas card! By the way - Brusho paints are pigment crystals that come in a little container and you can sprinkle the crystals on watercolor paper and then mist it with water. It gives you quite amazing effects....

Hazel said...

Love the real bell added to this beautiful cad. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 193 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. x

Kay Wallace said...

This is going to be one of my favorite cards this year, Gail! The deer has so much personality, and using the ribbon and bell just seal the deal for me! Pure genius!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Great Christmas card...can't have enough reindeers for the holidays and this one is stunning. I'm so pleased that you could take part in the Dreamweaver Stencils challenge.

Deborah said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland

Deborah a

Carol L said...

This pretty red reindeer is jingling all the way to a merry Christmas! Beautiful card!

Becca Cruger said...

This. Is. GORGEOUS! I'm pinning this for later inspiration! Thanks for all your comments. Over by my picture on my blog, I do have a little G+ follow sign - It's just really small. :)
I'm very glad I got to "meet" you through the card exchange and I'm glad you liked my card!

Darnell said...

Your patterns go so well together on this fun red and white beauty, Iona! I love how you inked that "cloud" e/f and put a real jingle bell on your Scandinavian reindeer!!

Thank you so much for coming to my place, leaving me a comment, and following me! It is a pleasure to meet you and return the flavor!! I hope to see you again soon! Hugs, Darnell

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty Christmas card...like that reindeer image. Very nicely done!