Thursday 25 September 2014

Maybe That's The Key

Hello.  Welcome.  Just a quick post to share yet another masculine card inspired by the colour navy.  I usually find male cards hard to do but the ideas are flowing.  I've also used more of that card painted with the green acrylic!!  You might even get to see the project I got that paint out for soon!!!  


So, bright green and navy.  Maybe not a traditional combo but it seems to work.  And a nice simple card.  I cut my painty background into 2cm strips and stuck two to the card and the other three are on foam pads.  I stamped the boy and the greeting, both Kort of Godt stamps, onto green textured card that I had added a bit of DI Mowed Lawn to.  I did try to use the painty card but the solid stamp didn't want to give me a nice black image on the acrylic paint.  I fussy cut the boy and the greeting and added a bit of the background for him to stand on.  A manly congratulations card.  

Joining the fun at
STAMPlorations Sketch Challenge 20
SpeedyFox and Friends Challenge 230 - Masculine with Navy
PapirdokkeneUtfordring 62 - Gratulasjonskort med Sterke Farger
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes 

Thanks for your visit and comments.  Hugz

15 comments:

Stampsnob. said...

Great card really inventive , thanks for sharing at MFP......Lis

Darnell said...

I think it's a great color combination and an amazing card for a man, Iona! (I used to have a favorite jacket in high school that was lime and navy! Gosh I haven't thought of it in years.) Thank you for joining the challenge at Stamplorations!! Hugs, Darnell

Sylvia said...

Fabulous colour combo, great male/teenage card.

Sylv xx

Janis said...

Hey, I LOVE this combo!!! Kind of psychedelic, kind of urban, kind of waaaaaaaaaaaay cool. Great job!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Stamping With Bibiana said...

I like those colors in fact! nice card. bibiana

Becca Cruger said...

What a bright pop of color! I like how you raised some of the overlapping panels with mounting tape. The dimension is great.

maria f. said...

So bright and wonderful. The movement in the strips makes it nearly come alive. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Fabulous, love it - especially the colors and the almost 3-D effect you created!

Kathy Bradley said...

What a very cool card! I love your BG that you painted and you used an awesome image - for a perfect masculine card. Thanks for joining us at MFP's Speedy Fox & Friends.

shirley-bee said...

FABulous male card, Gail! Love the striking colour combo. I've also found that acrylic paint doesn't like to be stamped over. Thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations.

stampingbowd said...

Terrific color combo for a masculine teen card!!!! Thanks for playing along with Speedy Fox & Friends challenge!

Anonymous said...

Love the neon background, this is such a stunning take on our sketch. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations. Good luck! Monika

Eva Marie said...

Tøft kort!
Takk for at du deltar hos Papirdokkene!
Klem :)

Jingle said...

Neat looking card! Thank you so much for playing along with Anything Goes week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Darnell said...

Popping back to congratulate you for being a top pick at Stamplorations with your awesome card, Iona!! Hugs, Darnell