Friday 26 September 2014

Quick Quick Xmas

Hello.  Welcome.  I sometimes play over at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge and this week the challenge is to make a card in 20 minutes or less.  Some of you may have gathered that I usually take time with my projects.  Lots of time.  So this kind of appealed as an extra kick out of the comfort zone.  So here's my take



I based my card on YNS Sketch.  I started with a pre-embossed card from DCWV and inked the edges with VersaMagic Ocean Depth and Night Sky.  I stamped Hero Arts Stunning Snowflakes on a piece of blue card, embossed with white and cut into squares.  The edges were inked as the card base.  I die cut Memory Box Frosted Christmas Tree and highlighted with irridescent glitter glue.  I stamped a piece of paper tape three times with the sentiment and cut some widgets using Cheery Lynn BAF#1 embellishments from blue glitter card.  Tah dah.  Under 20 minutes.  Quite like this.  The sensible amongst us would now knock out a few of these beauties.  I shall probably go and work on my art journal.  Or maybe my playing cards.  Or the witch sitting patiently on the pumpkin.  Or the Elton owl.....   Gosh, UFO's all over the place

Joining the fun at
CHCC Challenge - 20 Minutes Or Less
ABC Christmas Challenge - S is for Something Festive
Winter Wonderland - Layer It Up
YNS Challenge 16 - Sketch
DREAM it UP! - Christmas and Holidays Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes 

Thanks for your visit.  Gosh, the weekend again.  Where does the time go??  Hugz

8 comments:

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 195 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. x

Anita said...

A lovely card! Thanks for joining our challenge at Your Next Stamp

Zw@@n said...

Love your card, Gail. The colours/papers and tree are fab. Thank you for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful tree! Love the glitter!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful Christmas Card, love blues and whites for Christmas cards.

Sylv xx

Caryn said...

Fabulous card - that pink tree is beautiful.
Thanks for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Lynsey said...

Hi, this is a great Christmas card! Thanks for joining in our lots of layers challenge at Winter Wonderland this week!
Hugs Lynsey x