Friday 19 September 2014

Looking At Ewe

Hello.  Welcome.  A special hi and hello to Lis aka Stampsnob who has joined my happy little following.  So glad to have you along.  

I was trying to put a few things away, a challenge in itself, when I decided I couldn't resist using those cute little sheep again.  I had been toying with an idea to make a pile of sheep, is two a pile? so after a couple of trial runs with masking I got to this......



I cut my ATC and stamped the big sheep, but not that bit where little sheep has his foot!  I masked and stamped little sheep and then the bird.  I coloured the animals with Promarkers.  Over at Wicked Wednesday the theme is stripes and I am still on County Fair for the Speedy Fox Challenge so I thought I would stand my pile of animals against a marquee.  A stripey marquee.  I masked all the animals and stamped Hero Arts Stripes Background in DI Barn Door and embossed with clear embossing powder.  This is a good trick cos if there is any stray powder the clear doesn't show as much as it would if I had embossed with red powder.  I wanted a pennant so I Memory Box Loop Border and some stripey DCWV paper.  I left all the negative cuts in place and added iridescent glitter glue and some red rhinestones.   I also added a blue shadow to give a bit of definition.  I've seen this done but I definately need practice!!  Then I realised the animals were levitating so I added a piece of green card cut round big sheep's feet, stamped some flowers and coloured them Galaxy Markers.  The sheep, bird and flowers all come from Nellie Snellen Ollie's Spring set

Joining the fun at
Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge 229 - County Fair 
Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge 124 - Stripes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Rock The Techniques masking
STAMPlorations September Challenge - Stamps and Markers 
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday August 2014 - Stamping 

Thanks for your visit.  Hugz

7 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

How adorable! This is so bright and cheerful!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So cute! The shimmery detail looks fantastic! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Stampsnob. said...

What a sweet card thanks for sharing at marks finest papers..............Lis

Nikki W said...

Love the sheep piled up with the striped background, just like a tent at the fair. Perfect :) Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday this week x

Carol L said...

How crafty to mask those sheep and place them in front of a festive background! County fair - here I come :)

Denice said...

Lots of details in this little ATC, along with lots of masking! Adorable sheep! Thanks for joining us this week at Wicked Wednesday....love you creativity!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Sure, two is a pile! Such a cute card! Thanks Gail, so much for playing again with us at STAMPlorations. I hope to see you there next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT