Friday 16 September 2022

Autumn Queen

Hello Nomad friends.  The weather has certainly changed the last few days since I got back from the UK.  Warm dry days became wet and now a cold wind is blowing away summer and bringing in autumn.  It's decidedly brrrrrrr out there.  It doesn't seem long ago that I was admiring the fresh new greens of spring and now mature dark greens starts to change to orange and brown.  I was inspired to use the colours of fall for my Things With Wings project today along with one of the new mini collage stamps Linda recently added to the shop.

 
Love these mini collage stamps.  They take all the work out of getting a lovely layered look to your stamping.  This one is called Mini Bug collage and I decided my bug was a bee. I used Lost Coast Designs Leaves Background stamped with yellow, then orange and finally red archival ink to layer up my colours and add some warmth and depth.   I stamped the Mini Bug collage in brown ink and then inked the bee again with black and overstamped for a bit more definition.  I added a little yellow and some glitter glue to the wings and fussy cut.   I stamped Carmen's Veranda Queen of Everything on a scrap of the grid card I was using and put all the layers together, adding a scrap of red card to the top and left hand side of each panel.  
 
 
I hope you have time to grab some winged thing stamps and join the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity challenge.  Linky closes end of the month.  Don't forget to check out all the awesome inspiration from the team over on the blog.  
 
Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Little Critters
Scrappelyst Utfordring for September - Bursdag
We Love Stamping Challenge - Anything Goes with Stamping
Country View Challenge September - Season of Mists and Mellow Fruitfulness




7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card! Jo x

brenda said...

A super card in the pretty Autumnal colours, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

HilaryJane said...

We are getting that cold northerly wind here too. It is decidedly chilly. What a fantastic bee and I love that leaves background. Great colours too xx

Mervi said...

Fabulous and beautiful card!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping September Challenge;-))m

Kristin Langnes said...

Nydelig og koselig kort. Takk for at du deltar hos Scrappelyst.

rachel said...

Super make - wasps are definitely a seasonal problem! Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges and good luck in the draw!

Hege said...

FLott kort.
Takk for at du deltar hos Scrappelyst.