Friday 2 September 2022

Across The Miles

Hello Nomad friends.  It's the second of the month so time for the Card Chain Challenge Reveal.  29 awesome card makers signed up for August and their beautiful cards have whizzed around the planet bring joy and love as they drop into letter/mail boxes.   I also managed to make this one to fit the new Lost Coast Portal to Creativity challenge of Use At Least Three Stamps.  So if you are doing lots of stamping don't forget to join the fun there.  A real stamp prize sent anywhere in the world.  A bit like our Card Chain Challenge cards!!!!  Here's the card I sent to Tina in Slovenia.

I used yellow card and stamped Lost Coast Designs Fruitpods Background with Dandelion archival ink, inked the edge and mounted it on a white card base.  I stamped Lost Coast Designs Crackle Background on bright yellow card with Dandelion archival ink, cut a strip an inch wide,inked the edge and stamped Lost Coast Designs Travel Quotes sentiment
 
'A journey is best measured
in friends rather than Miles'
 
Then I stamped and fussy cut Lost Coast Designs Silhouette Lady with Umbrella and added her to my card.  Done!!!!



Joining the fun at

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Country View Challenge September - Season of Mists and Mellow Fruitfulness

12 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lucky Tina! This is gorgeous, Gail - I LOVE that background. Hugs, Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and background love the Mary Poppins figure
Carol x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the Mary Poppins silhouette with the fruit pods behind, Gail - great take on the sketch!! Thanks for all you do for the CCC!!

Angelnorth said...

That background stamp is a gorgeous one, I love it every time I see you use it! Great CCC card Gail! I’ve stopped getting emails with LCD challenges so I need to remember where in the month we are and check for new ones, I’ll try to play this time!

Joy Meadows said...

Love this card, Gail! The Mary Poppins stamp is such a pretty one and looks great on that background.

Julia Aston said...

Love the text on your Lady with Umbrella and the wonderful patterns on your background and sentiment strip - so pretty with the yellow behind the black!

brenda said...

Oh good, can comment now, really linking the contrast of colour here Gail and sure Tina loved her card, many thanks for joining in our September challenge at Stamping Sensations.

B x

Imke said...

For me it is not the "Lady with umbrella" - for me it is MARY POPPINS!
Awesome card, Gail - love it. Happ to be part of this FUN Challenge.

Imke MY CRAFTY PLACE

Tina Z. said...

yes, this is such a stunning card, I am lucky to be your partner.
thank you so much!

HilaryJane said...

Wow, that background is fantastic, the perfect backdrop for Mary Poppins xx

Craftyfield said...

The lady with umbrella is one of my favourite Lost Coast design stamp! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges this month Gail! x

Grenouille Greetings said...

A Mary Poppins-styled figure is certainly perfect for our feminine challenge this month at Stamping Sensations. Thank you for playing along with us with this prettily stamped creation. I especially love your tone on tone background. I must remember to do more of that! Crafty Hugs Lesley