Monday 8 February 2021

The Night After Christmas

Hello Nomad friends.  My man insisted we went ice fishing today.  I am not converted.  I feel my time would have been better spent in my craft room.  The sun was nice.  Walking on water was novel, if a little intimidating.  It was cold!!!!!!  We didn't get any fish!  Hmmmmm....   But when I got home there was happy mail from the UK and I couldn't wait to play with this fun Santa embossing folder.

I'm sharing a few techniques for embossing folders over at Let's Squash It! today and I decided to include this one on stretching your folders. 

I embossed this 10x15cm Father Christmas folder by Craft Stash on a 10 x 20cm piece of card.

Using an embossing tool I extended the lines on the RHS, scoring the ones along the bottom of the wall and the vertical wallpaper lines.  Then I used a black archival ink pad to highlight the embossed lines.  I got some ink on the un-embossed floor so I smeared a few more lines on there to even out the over inking.   Then I coloured with Promarkers and watercoloured with distress inks.

I mounted the embossed coloured panel on a DL base card and added some glitter to Santa's fur trim.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Christmas Kickstart Challenge 47 - Slimline
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 528
Scrap the Rainbow - Rødt/Rosa
Unstampabelles February Challenge 108 - Anything Goes



7 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fun scene, Gail - such a great embossing folder to have!! Sorry you didn't enjoy ice fish - not my cup of tea either but a lot of people love it here in Minnesota.

Dotty Jo said...

What a fun way to use that EF and to extend it! I tried to extend a folder earlier and failed miserably! Better luck with attempt #2, I hope. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Arlene said...

I would never have known it was a folder that you used and colored. Very cute. So glad you joined us at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Elf- Arlene

papierelle said...

Very funny card. Love it!!!

Dale Tiernan said...

Santa deserves to put his feet up. Interesting technique.
Thanks for sharing your project at Unstampabelles.

Susan Hogan said...

Love a good idea. Great technique advise. Thanks for playing along again this month at Unstampabelles.

frommycraftroom said...

What a great technique. Thanks for sharing again with us at Unstampabelles.