Wednesday 10 February 2021

Squashed Love

Hello Nomad friends.  It's the 10th of the month and time for a new Let's Squash It! challenge!!!!  We have our December Empress Joanne helping us out with awesome inspiration for our Love and Red theme.  You must use a love themed embossing folder, one with hearts, words of love, cupids.  Does anyone have a cupid embossing folder????  You must also use the colour Red and/or Pink.  Here's a card I made using two Sizzix border folders; Hearts and Forever & Always.


I started by embossing the top and the bottom of a red card panel with the Hearts border embossing folders.  Then I placed the Always & Forever folder in the middle and embossed that.  I know, I should have done the one in the middle first!!  I thought the edges of the words folder might flatten my hearts, but luckily it didn't.  And my positioning isn't bad.  But I will do the middle first next time!!  Or at least second LOL.  I smeared the embossed areas with Cactus Flower pink ink for a tone on tone look.   I actually think this would have been fine as a card, just mount it on a base and done!

 
I decided to make it a bit more complex by running a piece of lace around the panel and then mounting it on a red card base.  Gives it a bit more dimension and a bit of a vintage feel, but I think I actually prefer it without the lace.  Maybe that's my Clean and Simple side.  What do you think??  With or without??
 

 
Grab your love themed folders and join the Let's Squash It! fun.   It doesn't have to be a valentines card.  I think this one would stretch to a wedding.  Or maybe you have a New Baby folder with hearts on it, or words including the word love?  As long as you use an embossing folder with hearts and/or a definite love theme then it's good with us.  And Red/Pink!

Thanks for dropping by.  Hop over to Let's Squash It! to see the amazing inspiration cards from Jo and Joanne and the linky.  See you there.  Hugz

 

 

9 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Fab combination of folders, great jo on not squishing the first lot of embossing with the second folder! I think I’m tending towards no lace but it’s a close call, looks great either way.

Dotty Jo said...

Love this! There's a touch of Victoriana about this card and no mistake, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the rich red embossed with the hearts and sentiment, Gail - the lace adds the perfect touch!!

Liz said...

Lovely card Gail, I love the rich red colour you've used. xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous card Gail, you did very well not to get lines when embossing two EF... the added lace does give it a vintage look with the script of the embossed sentiment... so let's use our stashes of lace and ribbon too, hugs Robyn

Darlene said...

OH this is awesome Gail! I hope I get time to join in the fun ... will have to look into my EFs to be sure I have one that qualifies.
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Valentine LOVE’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

JulieP said...

I am loving that lace!! Such a romantic feel to this card.

Carol L said...

I'm on-board with adding the lace. It gives this some beautiful contrast to those pretty embossed hearts and sentiment! Great card!

Kathy Krug said...

The embossing along with the lace makes this card a real stunner. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.

Kathy
DD DT