Friday 26 February 2021

Silver Stars

Hello Nomad friends.   After investigating my washi stash I found a number of rolls are cracking up!!!    OK, most of it is not 'washi', it's patterned tape from ikea and others, but some have become brittle and sticking to themselves.  A little work and I got to a section of tape that wanted to play the game so I decided to cover a card base with two of them and get them gone.  That's my plan this weekend, use up some seldom used stash.  Keep out of the full sheets and use up those precut card bases, tags, scraps and neglected embellishments.  Who's with me???

I found a blue 15 x 8cm card base and covered it with strips of two different patterned tapes.  Then I added some silver Aztec paint splats and edged the card with True Blue Promarker.  I die cut Birch Press Nativity Star from silver mirror card using all four die layers.   I added a blue scrap, edged edged with True Blue Promarker and some silver stickers.   Who's got loads of stickers?????   Me too!!!!

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
52 Weeks to Christmas February Challenge - Stars
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 530
Christmas Craft Creations Challenge - Blue and Silver
February Rudolph Days Challenge





17 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Gail! I DO have stickers in my stash that would LOVE being included in a project! Thanks for the reminder. (out of sight, out of mind). Your card is lovely, and yes, I DO love your pretty paper! hugs, de

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card design with the wonderful big star.

Anita van Deur said...

Loads of stickers in my stash hihi, love your card its beautiful.
xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card. Thank you for joining in the fun at the Rudolph Days Challenge this month.

Sue xx DT

MortiCraft said...

What a great way to use up some washi tape. Mine all gets stolen by my children! I love that you cut all the layers of the die from silver card, it gives it so much depth. X

Suze said...

Lovely card Gail. I like the washi tape you used. I wonder what condition some of mine are in now. I have been trying to work through images, papers and sentiments that I had printed out previously and not used but maybe I need to include washi tape on that list too. Thank you for entering the Use some Gold Challenge at CHNC.

Suzan said...

Prachtig kaartje heb je gemaakt voor de sterren challenge!
Groetjes Suzan
DT52WTC

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Gail and a great way of using the tape. I'm on a mission to use up some of my older stash too and yes......I have loads of peeloffs! xx

!neke said...

Great card !!!
groeten Ineke
DT 52 WTC

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us on the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge

Danka
Danki's creative passions {My Blog}

Annemarie en Merit said...

What a beautiful christmas card, thanks for joining us at 52 weeks to christmas!

Merit and Annemarie
DT52WTC

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

A beautiful star as eyecatcher on your bright and lovely card Gail. Thank you for joining the challenge at 52 WTC.
Greetings Miranda dt 52 WTC

Ingrid's Scrapfrutsels said...

What a beautiful card have you mad, nice this star at your card..thank you for joining us at 52 WTC..greetz ingrid

Jantine said...

What a beautiful star did you use on your card!
Thanks for joining us at 52WTC.

Jantine DT 52WTC

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is a lovely make, from your old "Washi" stash!! Thanks for joining us over at the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge.

Rosina said...

Gorgeous this Christmas card.. so nice the star on the washitape
Thanks for joining us at 52 WTC
Hugs Rosina
DT 52 WTC

scrappymo! said...

Great idea for Washi tape and it looks so pretty too!

Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.