Saturday 13 February 2021

Scrap Meeting Saturday Afternoon

Hello Nomad friends.  My local crafty store Hobbylageret is having an online scrap meeting.  I did one of these with them before Christmas and it was such fun.  It started last night, but yesterday was hectic, so here are the first cards I have managed to get finished.  There are already 8 different challenges running and they are adding more all the time!!  I seem to be working very slowly today and I'm gonna blame it on the cold, but here's three that I am quite pleased with.

Challenge 3 - use three of something

I wanted to get this Hobby Art set Christmas Greenthings at Christmas but they were sold out.  Luckily Jo had already grabbed it and she was kind enough to stamp me a bunch and send em on.   I used, three layers, three hexagons, die cut and covered in glitter, three sprouts, stamped by Jo, coloured with Promarkers and fussy cut by me.  I popped the sprouts up on foam circles to give a bit of dimension.  The hat came on the sheets Jo stamped as did the sentiment, thoughtfully stamped in green.  Thanks Jo.

Joining the fun at
Hobbylageret Digi-Scrap Challenge 3 - Use 3 of something 1/2
Christmas Kickstart Challenge 47 - Slimline
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 529


Challenge 5 - Slimline card to a special occasion (if birthday has to be a special birthday)

I made this card for a 40th birthday

I used a blue base card and offset a scrap of Paperartsy Chatsworth paper with ripped edges.  I used 4 stamps from Kort og Godt Motorcycle set and the matching die for the motorcycle and rider.  I stamped the motorcycle and 40 sign on a scrap of mottled blue paper.  I fussy cut the 40 sign and added a brad and a scrap of brown card to make a post..  The sentiment says 'now you are old enough to be young again'. 

Joining the fun at
Hobbylageret Digi-Scrap Challenge 5 - Slimline, special occasion 1/2
Allsorts Challenge Week 611 - Masculine
Pixies Snippets Playground Challenge 396 - Ruby's Challenge

Confirmation is a big thing in Norway.   I used three different Kort og Godt patterned designer card, one for the base, one for the Kort og Godt diecut girl and one for the sentiment panel.  The stamp is from Aall and Create.  I stamped it with red ink on white card and black ink on pink paper, fussy cut and layered them up.  Then I just added a little green gel pen for her eyes.  

Joining the fun at
Hobbylageret Digi-Scrap Challenge 5 - Slimline, special occasion 2/2
Stamping Sensations Challenge - Colour My World
Papirdukkene - 3 Forskjellige Mønsterark 1/5
Hobbykunst Utfordring - 3 Forskjellige Mønsterark 1/5

Thanks for dropping by.  Hoping to get some more makes made and posted later this evening.  Have fun.  Stay crafty.  Hugz

10 comments:

Dora said...

Beautiful creation.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

Liz said...

A super selection of cards, Gail. I especially love the first one, it really made me smile! xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three fab cards, Gail - looks like you're having a productive weekend!!

Dotty Jo said...

Goodness, you've been busy! Fabulous cards all, but of course I'm drawn to the sprouts. Great fun! Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

...and thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

papierelle said...

Your christmas card is so funny, I have to smile!!!!

Arlene said...

Some great cards.

That Xmas card is so much fun! I don't think I've ever seen anything like the greenthings.

So glad you joined us at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Elf-Arlene

Mervi said...

Fabulous cards. Thank you for sharing one at Allsorts Masculine -theme week;-))m

Tracy said...

Thank you for joining Allsorts challenge with this great masculine entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Di said...

Great cards Gail! Clever girl - love them all. and the sprouts did make me smile. I have your prize right beside me here on the desk waiting to be packaged, addressed using Click and Drop then will post ASAP this coming week.

Hugs

Di xx