Sunday 28 February 2021

At the End Of a Sunny Day

Hello Nomad friends.  It was a beautiful sunny day here in southern Norway today.  I was very torn between being out in the garden, or finishing off some projects for the Hobbygarasjen digi scrap.  I always work well to a deadline LOL so I decided to see what I could throw together.  Actually quite a lot it turned out LOL.  Where do I beginnnnnnnnnnn.  Are you singing????

Challenge 5 - Make Your Own Background

I stamped the heart from Rubber Dance Arty Hearty with Memento London Fog.  I used masks to stamp a few hearts and watercoloured with Worn Lipstick distress ink.  I cut with Stamplorations Double Crazy Stitch Rectangle and mounted on a red card base.  The Lost Coast Designs Gnome was lurking and he perfectly matched the bubble sticker so I added them both and called it a card.

Joining the fun at
Stamplorations Love Vibe Challenge inspired by grey and pink hearts




Challenge 8 - Use Pigment Powders

Well I am a big fan of Brusho's so this was right up my alley

I used red and blue Brusho's and spritzing.  I stamped Stamplorations Hb2U sentiment and used a little white gel pen inside the letters to make them whitish again.  I stamped Blue Knight Steampunk Girl, coloured her with Promarkers and fussy cut.  A blue card base, die cut the panel with a stitch die and put it all together.  Placing the girl so she overlaps the card edge really adds dimension to the whole kit and caboodle.  

Joining the fun at
Allsorts Challenge 613 - Feminine
Time Out Challenge 182
Paperbabe Stamps Challenge 138 - Anything Goes



Challenge 9 - At Least 3 Folds

I really liked the tri-fold card I made the other day so I decided to make another one using some Tilda paper cuts.

Here's the front.  I used Jade Bazzill Dots card 14 x 30cm for my base.  Love that it will fold and fit in a normal envelope but there is loads of space to decorate!   The picture is a Tilda papercut. I added some lace and a preprinted birthday banner. 

Ta dah!!!!  Second panel: more lace, Tilda paper cuts and preprinted sentiment panel.

 

On the third panel I used a Sizzix die to pocket.  I folded it and hid it behind a Jade Bazzill Dots frame cut using Sizzix Postage Rectangles and a piece of card I stamped with Rubber Dance circles.  More lace and Tilda papercuts.  Inside the pocket I added a tag.  Vipps is a mobile app that allows instant money transfer.  Even better than a gift card.  It says 'Check Vipps'!!!  Pling!!

Joining the fun at
Die Cut Divas- Fun Fold Time




Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

11 comments:

foleysfriend said...

What a fabulous and fun card. I love all three panels and love the lace accents. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

sue n.

brenda said...

Some lovely colourful creations Gail, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts 'Feminine' challenge this week.

B x

sandie said...

wow you have been crafty! Loving your card for Time Out-adore the background but especially the steampunk woman-my sister is so into steampunk she would love this outfit-looks like so many she wears! And you I agree adding the over lap always works so well. Thanks for your lovely comment on our blog and for joining in at Time Out x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beautiful backgrounds, Gail, and I love your tri-fold with the Tilda cuts - so darling!! So glad you entered it at Die Cut Divas!!

Ellibelle said...

You have been so busy in the craft room and these are all so beautiful! The gnome is so cute!!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Angelnorth said...

Looks like you had a very productive crafty session Gail (and hopefully enjoyed a bit of the sunshine too). Love the gnome with his soft background and the Brusho colour looks spectacular behind the steampunk woman. Cute trifold, not sure I’d have guessed you were the maker in a “blind tasting” though!

Arlene said...

Wonderful cards. Your fold card is fabulous and thank you for all the pictures of the card. Thank you so much for sharing at Die Cut Divas.

Kathleen said...

A great collection of cards, great images and colours. Thank you for joining our 'Feminine' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Kim Heggins said...

Simply wonderful collection of amazing cards...so beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

Shona Chambers said...

Wow, so glad you stayed inside that day to create, so many gorgeous designs!! I've never used Brusho's but they look so much fun. The vibrancy off your background is stunning. Your image is beautifully coloured and totally agree about placing her at the edge of the card, really does add lots of dimension. So very happy you shared this with us at TIME OUT!

Nonni said...

Wow, love all the artsy creations in this post, very unique cards! The card for us has a wonderful, vivid background. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!