Friday 3 January 2020

Two Hearts Are Better Than One

Hello Nomad friends.  Batten down the hatches there's a storm coming.  Luckily Mr Mojo and I are cosy in the craft room.  I was looking at CASology's Branch challenge and remembered I have this lovey Designs by Ryn Flowing Branches stencil.  I decided it would go well with Poppystamps Perched Fairy.  


I stenciled the branch using my new toothbrush style blending brush and Black Soot distess ink.   I cut the white panel with Gummiapan's Square Postage die, and also the red layers.  I die cut Poppystamps Perched Fairy and her wings from black card and arranged the postage panels and the fairy on my white base card.  I was going to add a sentiment but in the end opted to cut two small hearts using Poppystamps Shasta Oval Frame dies.  The two hearts are slightly different sizes and I layered them together before adding them to the fairy's chest to speak for themselves.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Poppystamps Challenge 64 - From The Heart
CASology Week 358 - Branch
Country View Challenge January 2020 - Love
Stamplorations January Stencil Challenge
Die Cut Divas Challenge - New Things  used my new toothbrush style blending brush
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Something New used my new toothbrush style blending brush



10 comments:

sentsue said...

Love a great silhouette card. Thanks for playing along with us on the CASology Challenge blog.

Fikreta said...

so beautiful card!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful stenciled branch for your stamped silhouette image, Iona. I love your die cut border and CAS design. TFS and joining us at STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge. Hugs..

Gerrina said...

What a great way to use the stencil this way! Thanks (again) for the inspiration! EWishing you beautiful moments and lots of creativity for 2020! Enjoy the weekend!

pam said...

Beautiful card Gail, love the silhouette..
Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog
Pam x

Arlene said...

I like the CAS style of this card. The two hearts do speak for themselves, so I am glad you left the rest of the card blank. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for the January challenge of new things.

MariLynn said...

Stunning card. Love how the little red heart stands out. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge.

Jeanne J. said...

So clean in black and white! I love the pop of red and that gorgeous detailed faerie!

rachel said...

Lovely make - this is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges and Good Luck in the draw! Hugs rachel x

Harriet Skelly said...

I love how you combined the stamp image with the stenciled branch! This is a lovely CAS card. Thanks for joining the STAMPlorations stencil challenge!