Sunday 26 January 2020

Five is a Magic Number

Hello Nomad friends.  If you dropped by yesterday you might have caught me doing my mini-craftathon.  It was really, really mini, cos I ended up with only two completed projects.  In my defence, not that I need a fence, but...... the newly baked focaccia and saturday night movies did distract me.  Since today is also grey and wet I decided to get back to it and finish up at least some of the 4 UFO's I started yesterday.  So let's start with christmas.   I totally blame this one on the fact that as I was putting away embellishments these wooden reindeer leapt out of their packaging.  The fact that there were 5 of them meant that the 52 Weeks To Christmas 5 Year celebration immeadiately sprang to mind.


I've used 2 Maja Design papers for this card - Holidays in the Alps 'Snowflakes' and 'Let It Snow'.  I love that they print something useful on the back of the paper description bar, in this case that row of lovely snowflakes at the bottom of the card.  So it looks like three, but is actually only two pieces.  The edges of these papers are a bit distressed so I just used my craft knife to rough up the edges I cut.  I added the 5 wooden deer and then came to a grinding halt cos I couldn't decide on the sentiment.  The upper paper is quite busy, but I didn't want to go too dark.  And it needed to be quite big.  In the end I went with this Stamplorations die.  I cut it from a scrap of cream card to echo the natural wood deer.  It still looked a bit lost so I grabbed a bit of leftover cereal box from yesterday, cut it twice and stuck the three die cuts together, offsetting the cream one so I got a darker shadow.  It really helped it stand out whilst still keeping with the natural wood type colours.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
52 Weeks to Christmas Challenge - Week 4 and 5 Jaar 5 wooden deer
The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge - Repeat Performance used cereal box die cuts
Swedish House January Challenge - Winter/Snow
ABC Christmas Challenge - A is for Anything Goes
Papercraft Challenge 54 - Use At Least 2 Designpapers


9 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Looks great! There really is something about odd numbers of things, isn't there, Jo x

Ingrid's Scrapfrutsels said...

So you are very busy with you christmas cards...this is also a beautifull one, with the five deers..thank you for joining us at 52 WTC. Grtz ingrid.

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

What a great idea to use 5 wooden deers on your card Iona. Thank you for joining the challenge at 52 weeks to Christmas.
Greetings Miranda (dt 52-WTC)

sarascloset said...

Good for you to get such an early start to next year's Christmas cards and to use your cereal box to layer your sentiment Great card; I love the papers and those sweet reindeer! Thank you for playing along at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog in our Repeat Performance challenge.

Jantine said...

You're on a roll. Another lovely entry in the Party Challenge at 52WTC!
Jantine DT 52WTC

Maikreations said...

Great card! I really love the look of the layered sentiment ;o) Thank you for playing along with our "Use at least 2 designer papers" at Papercraft Challenges! Have a wonderful day and happy crafting, Maike

Stempelomi said...

great card!Thanks for joining us at papercraft-challenges.

Epie said...

Gorgeous car Iona thanks for your nice entering by 52WTC
I will be you follower today , have a nice weekend !!
Hugs Epie DT52WTC

Cec said...

Lots of fun layers and that row of prancing reindeer just made me smile. Thanks for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog.
Hugs!
Cec