Sunday 12 January 2020

Let's Be Awesome

Hello.  Welcome.  The start of a new month, year, decade and people talk about looking back, looking forward, resolutions and words for the year.   I don't usually subscribe to much of this cos I figure if you don't make it too concrete then there's less pressure and if it happens, it happens, and if it doesn't then nothings broken.  Laid back me.  But I am starting to think that I do have a word this year.  It keeps cropping up.  I keep using it.  So I have decided to adopt it as my own.  So this year's word is AWESOME.   It's gonna be an awesome year, filled with awesome things and awesome people, and of course, I am going to be awesome too.  Wait, I already am!!  And so are you!  So let's all be awesome together.


Grabbing a load of scraps from Scrap Mountain I stamped Papersmooches Chubby Friends Owl with Sky Blue archival and added some colour with Distress markers.   I die cut him a hat (borrowed from a snowman) and coloured it with distress inks.  The branch is part of Sizzix Deer die (the one with the wreath).  I cut extra flowers, added colour with Promarkers and silver glitter and a rhinestone in each flower.


52 Weeks to Christmas are celebrating their 5th anniversary and want to see 5 of something on your christmas cards.  I used 4 flowers on the branch and another on his hat, each with a rhinestone.  The sentiment is a Kort og Godt stamp and means warm Christmas hugs.


The base card is Kort og Godt patterned card and if I may direct your eyes towards the bottom of the card I used a Fiskars Border Punch to add some fancy detail.  I think this one is called Lace.  It actually cuts a fancy edge and the bit at the bottom falls away.  I decided to back the fancy detail with a scrap of blue card and return the bit that was cut off, cos I know me and if I didn't use it then it would only hike over to scrap mountain!!   A scrap instantly generated and used!!   Awesome!!!!!!

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at

Paper Smooches Challenge - Anything Cold winter and cold colours
Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge 369
52 Weeks to Christmas Week 2 - Use 5 Things 5 flowers/rhinestone
Double D Challenge - Use a Punch Fiskars lace border punch
ABC Christmas Challenge - A is for Anything Goes



18 comments:

Darlene said...

Very clever and just adorable! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Punches’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Aww - that little owl makes me smile!! Thanks so much for playing in the Paper Sweeties "Anything Cold" challenge!

Vicki said...

Awesome card! Love the cute owl image. Thanks for joining the Double D, "PUNCH" Challenge.

Ingrid's Scrapfrutsels said...

What a beautiful card, with the owl, and the five flowers. Just right for our challenge. Thank you for joining 52 WTC. Greetings, Ingrid.

Fikreta said...

Great card.

Jantine said...

What a cute card, with a beautiful owl. And it’s just awesome, that you’re going to have an awesome year!
Thanks for joining in the challenge at 52WTC!
Jantine DT 52WTC

Di said...

A super card Gail - and I loved reading how you made it. Loving the cute little owl and the clevertrick with the border! In a word - awesome!

Hugs

Di xx

Diane said...

What a fun and fabulous card this is, love that owl!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Janis said...

Oh, you definitely made an awesome card (love all the sparkle!!) and you ARE awesome. Have an awesome year! :)
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Suzan said...

Beautiful card you made for the challenge!
Greetings,
Suzan DT 52WTC

Anita van Deur said...

Love the cute owl image, lovely card.
Anita

Marijke said...

Een leuke kaart en een lief uiltje! Leuk dat je meedoet met de uitdaging van 52 WTC. Groetjes Marijke.

Paper Lily Leaf said...

I love this cute owl and his amazing hat! April xx

Annemarie en Merit said...

What a beautiful card with five flowers! Thanks for joining us at 52 weeks to christmas!

Merit en Annemarie
DT52WTC

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

What a cute little owl on your beautiful card Gail. Thank you for joining the challenge at 52 weeks to Christmas.
Greetings Miranda (dt-52 WTC)

Audrey said...

What a cute card! I love that fun owl! :) Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches Anything Cold Challenge! :)

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Congratulations on your win on Paper Smooches January Challenge! Just saw your card and wanted to pass on the info!! Cute little dressed up owl too!!

!neke said...

Great card , thanks for joining us !
Groeten Ineke
DT 52WTC