Monday 12 January 2015

Nothing New Here

Hello.  Welcome.  No new followers to welcome, no new crafty stash or techniques to share.  A small relief to revert to old favourites and trusted techniques.  I needed a quick birthday card and picked up a favourite Unity stamp and my Dreamweavers Waves and Dots stencil.  One thing I couldn't decide on was the colour scheme so you are getting a two for one deal LOL



I stamped Unity Stamp Co. First Love, masked and used Dusty Concord DI with Dreamweavers Waves and Dots stencil.  Wasn't sure these colours were right for the birthday girl so......



Went with the Wild Honey DI.  I was going to use a yellow base card but it looked a bit wishy washy.  The blue added a nice pop.  



Think I'm liking the yellow best.  Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
DREAM It UP - Happy Birthday
Penny Black and More Challenge - Stencils, Masks and Embossing Folders
Virginia's View Challenge 11 - Clean Slate 
Unity Stamp Co. Friends With Flair

21 comments:

Sam K said...

Love these, what a simple yet great idea. I think the yellow is my fave as it just pops that little bit more :) xx

Becca Cruger said...

Could there BE a sweet image? I think not. And that stencil is absolutely fab. Dangit now I have something else to add to my miles long wish list. ;)

Pamellia said...

Fabulous Gail! Isn't it amazing how just by changing the colour, you get a whole new card! Love that stencil! until next time, big hugs :)

Kay Wallace said...

the yellow is my favorite too, Gail! I love that stencil. It definitely reminds me of a card I got in the mail this past holiday season. Hmmmmm! Could it have been from you? I love having a piece of your art in my studio. It serves me well as inspiration. Thank you!

Dotty Jo said...

What a sweet image... I love how you left it uncoloured and paired it with a stencil! Jo x

Ellibelle said...

Love the stenciling, and such an adorable image!
Thanks so much for sharing with us this month at Penny Black and More!

Shirley said...

Two lovely cards Gail and such a cute image. Thank you for joining us this month at Penny Black and More and we hope you will join us again next month.

Shirley

Ruby said...

Very cute set of cards.

DIANA L. said...

I saw you on Unity FWF
This is so super cute I love that stamp!!
Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Crystal said...

This is such a wonderful technique! I agree that the yellow card seems to pop just a bit more vivrantly.

Janis said...

Such an adorable image, Gail. I think I like it in yellow, too!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Mandi said...

Aww very cute!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh my - such sweet cards! That image is just darling and your backgrounds look awesome!

Gaylynn said...

Very nice set of cards with the coolest backgrounds.

Sue D said...

Very cute!

Unknown said...

So love this stamps! Love both colors!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Brilliant idea to accentuate the background!

ionabunny said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments. Hugz

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Gail...this is darling, and two different colors too! You have been busy!

Lyn Bernatovich said...

This is a totally cool technique!!!! Stamp, mask, stencil. You are onto something Gail!

Kristine Reynolds said...

You used one of my favorite background stencils! Such pretty cards! Thanks for joining the Dreamweaver Stencils Challenge this month!