Monday 19 January 2015

Cosmic Cow Meets Beef and Chicken


Hello.   Welcome.  Was going to stun you with witty repertoire but lots of pictures to share so lets get on.....  Here are my week 15 cards for Claudine's Altered Playing Card Challenge.  If you would like to see what Claudine did go HERE.  Claudine started by adding black and white embossing paste through masks to her cards



I made a mask using Simon Says Stamp Luminary Circles die and used Dreamweavers black embossing paste.  I used a Prima mask and grunge paste on my second card.



I spritzed with Ariondack Meadow Color Wash and a homemade blend of gold shimmer spritz and caramel reinker.  Hope you can see the sparkle.  I love how it pooled around the embossed circles.


I stamped, coloured and fussy cut Penny Black's Skip and Romp.  The whole image was too wide so I had to perform a chickenectomy.  Don't worry.  The amputated chicken survived and is recovering nicely.  I added some spotty paper tape and then scribbled some daisies in the sky!!  Flowers falling from heaven?  These were inspired by the daisies on the Penny Black stamp.  I coloured with my white gel pen, which promptly went greenish!!  A perfect blend.......



I sprayed my second card with Dylusions After Midnight and Polished Jade.  Oops, a little heavy on the After Midnight!!  I let it dry a bit then blotted it with a tissue.



I added some white and black outlines to my embossed shapes.  I stamped Penny Black's For A Spin on white card, coloured and fussy cut.  I had stamped the image on the card, but it didn't work very well, so I drew in the spoke details.  It was floating around a bit so I added some die cut cloudy shapes.  Ooh, Cosmic Cow on a bike LOL



What a pair!!!  I am so loving this challenge.  Claudine, you inspire me to madness.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Claudine's Altered Playing Card Challenge Week 15 
Penny Black and More January Challenge - Stencils, Masks and Embossing Folders 
Stampotique Designers Challenge 178 - Color Splash

Thanks for dropping by.  If you were really keen, I apologise for the technical problems.  If you don't know what I'm talking about Phew!!   Hugz

15 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

What a pair, indeed! Fantastic color splash, Gail! You are rockin' this APC challlenge from Claudine!

Claudine said...

Hahhaha!!! These are fabulous! I love your "mad cows" lol

massofhair said...

LOVING your cosmic cows they are fantastic, glad your chickenectomy went well that could have been a clucking disaster lol. Thank you for the early morning smile:-) xxx

Pamellia said...

These are so much fun Gail, I just love the great textures and colours! Cosmic cow on a bike, hilarious! I love em! hugs :)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Both are adorable! Really made me smile today!

brenda said...

Oooh Gail, lovely inky fun and great results, perfect for this months theme.

It's lovely to see you at Penny Black and More challenge thanks so much for joining in.

B x

Kaz said...

Fabulous altered cards, just perfect for a colour splash! Thanks for joining me for my challenge at Stampotique this week.

Corrie Herriman said...

Oh, they are so much fun ! love them !
Corrie x

Deepti said...

These are amazing!! the textures u created and the final cards are simple incredible :)

Anonymous said...

haha! these are fun, cute and full of texture! thank you so much for sharing another of your creations with us this month at penny black and more.
linda

*Arwen* said...

Haha, so cute!
Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge :)

xx Arwen

Sue said...

Gail these are fantastic, I remember my 2 used to watch Cow and Chicken when they were little lol - Happy Days! Thank you so much for joining us at Stampotique, and have a great weekend. Sue xx

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, I love your backgrounds!

Sharon said...

Fantastic APC's! Love those fun images you have used!

susiestacey said...

Two super card, great work.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts 'Mask, stencils and embossing challenge and good luck x Susan x