Friday 16 January 2015

Milo de Milo

Hello.  Welcome.  It's a new year and over at PaperArtsy they have jiggled it all around for a new look and feel to the blog.  The challenge this fortnight is fragile papers and there are loads of inspirational posts.  I was particularly taken by Clare's tags using coloured tissue paper.  

I didn't have coloured tissue so I got out the dylusion inks and made my own.  Then I stuck ripped bits on two white tags. 


I covered with white acrylic then wiped it back through a stencil using a baby wipe.  I used Memory Box Honeycomb and A Touch Of Bamboo masks


I stamped with black archival and JOFY 34.  The lady is from Winter Wonderland Plate 6 stamped on white and fussy cut.  I decided to leave my images uncoloured.  


I added some hand written words and a wool tie



I stamped with Prima Chickenwire stamp on the second tag and added the boy from Kids Plate 3.  He doesn't have arms and I thought he looked a bit lost with so abrupt edges in the middle of the tag so I added some side pieces stamped with the chickenwire stamp.  Not sure he looks less strange but......



Another hand written sentiment



and some wool in blokey colours



Liking these very much

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy - Fragile Papers

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

9 comments:

Etsuko said...

What a stunning tags Gail! Wonderful the background and lovely the stamps. Fab sentiments. xxx

craftimamma said...

These are fab Gail! Love the colours you chose to make your tissue and the images, especially the girl. Particularly like the sentiment on the boy tag!

Hugs
Lesley ~Xx

massofhair said...

Two fantastic tags, great colours and some fab techniques:-) xxx

Craftyfield said...

His & Hers tags super idea, great images as focal points against that bright background!

Cocofolies said...

Hi Gail, I love both tags, they are really gorgeous!!! I think you were right to leave the faces uncolored... The colours of your scraps of tissue paper + the wool is so superb, just perfect like that!! Coco xxx

Kay Wallace said...

Two fantastic tags, Gail! Those colors are so vibrant. Amazing female stamp, too!

PaperArtsy said...

Oh I love how you coloured your own tissue! Great idea just there! Your tags look great!

Kezzy said...

Oh wow wow wow truly stunning tags, they both are gorgeous. I so love the layers of the tissue and the stamped faces look fantastic uncoloured, which makes them really pop. Happy Creating :-) Kezzy xxx

Katherine said...

Excellent idea making your own colorful tissue. These look so artsy and I think you did a good job adding some shoulder paper shapes to the armless boy! :)