Monday 5 January 2015

Catch It While You Can

Hello.  Welcome.  Another exciting installment with altered playing cards.  I am all the way back at week 11 with these two.  Claudine was using paper towels as backgrounds and her theme was Snow.  Ah well, one out of two ain't bad.  Claudine's cards can be found HERE



Here's my first background.  I stuck my painty paper towel onto the card



I used a mop up tissue with paler colours for the second card.  I was supposed to peel it off again and leave just the ink transfer but I obviously didn't have the right glue.  Or maybe I got distracted and left it too long LOL.  


Wot no snow!!  I was looking for the perfect stamp for my background and used my new Unity Stamp Co. ...and there was a boy.  I had to shorten him slightly so he fit on my card.  Good job they are giant sized else he might have totally lost his legs.  Then he looked a bit lonely so I decided to add the hare from Unity's Sweet thoughts of Spring Set.  What do you mean that's a rabbit!  Today it's a hare, or my really bad pun won't fly.  



No snow here either!!  I've used stamps from Unity Stamp Co. Love Life set.   I stamped the lady onto the paper but she ended up a bit patchy, due to the texture, so I stamped her on card, fussy cut and stuck her over the stamped image.  I added some Mustard Seed distress stain splats.  Then I used the sunflower stamp all over with more Mustard Seed splats and a sentiment.  



Joining the fun at
Claudine's Art Corner ATC Challenge Week 11
NBUS Challenge 3 - Anything Goes all the stamps are NBUS, except the bunny hare who we have seen before here
Stampotique Designers Challenge 176 - Anything Goes Week 5
The Unity Stamp Co. Friends with Flair  

Thanks for dropping by.  Have a great week.  Hugz


28 comments:

massofhair said...

Great to see you catching up so quickly, both cards are awesome, this was one of my fave weeks for technique.

Great stamps and gorgeous colours Gail:-) xxx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

These are so vibrant Gail! What a lot of work, fun though, I'll bet. Hazel x

Pat said...

These are lovely and what a wonderful idea to use kitchen towel in this way. The colours are beautiful and I love the stamps you have used and the clever sentiments. Thank you for your kind comment. x

Joyce said...

Hi. These are so pretty, and so artsy looking. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

This was easily one of my favorite techniques! I really like how you did yours, and your quotes always make me smile.

Kay Wallace said...

Don't short change yourself, Gail, both of these are gorgeous, starting with the backgrounds and ending with the humor! I can see just a bit of the back of the playing card in each of the cards, and that is a plus! Well done! Claudine will be proud!

Manuela said...

fabulous art cards have you created

Claudine said...

Wow, these are fabulous. Love the grey hair one, isn't that so true, haha

Darnell said...

You are a karack up, Iona! And talented, too! As somehow who leans towards white space, I'm enthralled by the process and end results of these stunning cards!! (And that sure looks like a gray hare to me!) Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #3 three times! (PS, you can keep adding to the gallery if you like. It's just that only your first three entry numbers will go in the hopper towards a prize.) Hugs, Darnell

Brandi R said...

Fun and fabulous creations!

Ruby said...

These are interesting cards. Looks like fun to do.

Lynne Mizera said...

Iona.. you are a "card"!! Big Giant Smile!! I Love this and guess what I LOVE DARNELL TOO! and Unity Friends with Flair (where we met!) and now I have to go check out this altered playing card place... because it's right up my alley! (I feel like I have so much in common with you that do you think we are sisters that were separated at birth? Grin) PS... YOU should check out MY blog post for today.... Just SAYIN' Grin

Lagene said...

Fantastic ATCs, Love the tissue backgrounds!

Crystal said...

These ATCs are so fun! Love the stamps you used and the great backgrounds!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Playing cards, you say? What a great technique!

D.Ann C said...

Amazing!

Janis said...

These are terrific!! The clever saying made me chuckle.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Dawn Fields said...

These ATC's rock! Well done! I love the addition of the rabbit on the first one.

Ginger said...

Wow very bright fun festive looking cards!

Dawn Louise said...

Cool atc's. I like using kitchen roll too. fab backgrounds and stamping x

Caroline D. said...

Great idea for backgrounds! Your ATCs are fantastic!

Cynthia said...

Fun ATC's, Gail. Fabulous backgrounds.

Tracy said...

Love.... love. ...love them Gail!!xxx

Sue D said...

Very creative!

ionabunny said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments. Hugz

Scrapper Myra said...

Very interesting projects my friend. Glad I stopped by.

Miwa said...

Your altered playing cards are fabulous and look like they were so much fun to make! Great job altering the boy's legs - I never would have known they had to be "doctored".

Karen Hasheck said...

I saw ​your card linked at the NBUS challenge and just had to come see it in more detail. Gorgeous cards! I am now your newest follower and would be honored if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/