Sunday 11 January 2015

Beauty of Winter

Hello.  Welcome.  Happy New Year and happy new followers.  A special hi and hello to Shery and Lynne who have joined our happy little band.  So glad to have you along.  Hugz for everyone.  Maybe it's the new year.  I know I have been looking for new challenges and in the process have found a few new blogs to follow.  Must just make sure I take some time and get around and leave some love.  If I haven't visited you in a while do please invite me over.  We are all busy but I really do appreciate the time you take to come over and leave some love.  More hugz.    

I really seem to be doing more die cutting than stamping at the moment.  Maybe that's cos I treated myself to a few new dies for the silly season.  Today I decided to use a die I saw Jeanne using that I have had for a while but not ever used.  So I decided to give her technique a whirl.   I have also been experimenting with a watermark.  I hope it's not too distracting.  



This is Poppystamps Bonney Stem die.  I've gone blue, silver and glitter because I think it's a great reflection of winter colours.  I cut and embossed it in grey card then used Brilliance Starlight Silver and Versamagic Aegean Sea and Night Sky to colour.  I cut Poppystamps Diamond Background from glitter card, a border in the same glitter card, and added a silver organza bow.  I left the card long so I can add an appropriate sentiment later.  This simple style is one I am seeing a lot on the Poppystamps blog.  Using plain card really makes the dies pop. 

Joining the fun at
Poppystamps Challenge 4 - Beauty of Winter
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Make New Friends, But Keep The Old
Die Cut Divas - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Partytime Tuesdays - Anything Goes 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you are having a great day.  Hugz

13 comments:

Michele K. Henderson said...

Very pretty card! I love how you've used the Bonney Stem! Great layout and design! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Poppystamps blog!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment! I wanted to come over and see your cards! This is lovely - I am really loving die cuts too! Gorgeous colour combo and ribbon, and I really like the diamond background!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love how you work with the Poppy stamps dies. The background looks gorgeous
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Sabina said...

Pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays.
Sabina

Anna-Karin said...

Such a beautiful card! The flower is gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Becca Cruger said...

Oh my goodness this is just beyond lovely. The contrast between that big tulle ribbon and the delicate flowers and frame is so gorgeous.

Pamellia said...

Beautiful card Gail! Love that intricate die cut background and your flowers are gorgeous! I agree, blues and silvers are so perfect for winter and that big loopy bow really tops it off nicely! Thanks for all your wonderful comments on my blog, you are so sweet!! until next time, big hugs :)

Olga Direktorenko said...

Beautiful card! Love the soft blues and the background is amazing!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Party Time Tuesdays! :)

Kay Wallace said...

I would like to hire you to tie all my bows! I swear it, in itself, is an art! This is a gorgeous card!

Anonymous said...

This is Beautiful, thanks for joining the challenge at Party Time Tuesdays! :)

Arlene said...

Just beautiful - so elegant. Took my breath away.

So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

Jeanne J. said...

Oh I think this is stunning! SO glad you gave it a try - the flower is blue is GORGEOUS and the background makes the perfect setting! Hugs to you Gail!!