Thursday 21 March 2013

Tic Tac Tag

Greeting Friends, Followers, Bloggers.   Well, it's officially spring.   Someone hasn't told the man in charge.  It's cold.  Sunny but cold.  Brrrrrrrr.   Me no likey.  A good excuse to stay in in the warm and craft......

I have become a regular over at the PaperArtsy blog and this week it's Linda Cain who is inspiring us.  Now I know you are going to say 'it's that bird again!!' but to be fair he is so cute and he is very versatile.  Also he's a PaperArtsy stamp and since I am entering their challenge.........  The good news, actually great news, is that I was one of the lucky winners last week and a new set of PaperArtsy stamps is winging it's way so maybe Ding Dong Bird will have to take a back seat.  Then again maybe not.  

So, Linda's been playing with colours and paints and I was very inspired by her use of paint on stamps.  Never tried that before.  Hmmmm

I started with some white gloss card and cut two tags and had a bit left over.  I wasn't going to use that bit just now but I had some ink left over so waste not want not.  I used Distress Ink Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire, Broken China, Pine Needles, Mowed Lawn and Picked Raspberry.  I blended these onto the card until they looked nice.  Then I edged the two tags with Walnut Stain.  

 I stamped onto the tags with white acrylic.  I used a brayer to apply the paint and this seemed to work quite well.  I used the TickTock stamp from PaperArtsy SIDD5 on the first tag and Great Impressions E391 on the second.  I'm not saying anything more about the second tag now, but will come back to it at a later date.  

I stamped Ding Dong Bird on to white card and embossed with black embossing powder then cut him out.  I didn't have the fine detail powder that Linda used but that wasn't a problem because the lines on my bird are big and bold.  I liked the way Linda had left some of her pieces white so I decided to try this with the bird.  I stamped him on the tag to give me his legs and then stuck the white embossed image on top.  I like it. 

I went around the edge of the card with a white pen faux stitches and added some wool and a silver starfish.  I am not 100% happy with the wool.   It's not quite right but the colours match.  Maybe it needs a bit more bling.  I shall have to keep my eye open for something suitable.  If you would like to check out Linda's inspiring post it's here.

I am entering this tag for
PaperArtsy - Welcome Back Linda Cain
The Artistic Stamper March Challenge - Tags 
Wow! Embossing Powder - March Anything Goes

Keep warm everyone and lets hope spring is here soon.  Thanks for dropping by. 
 

10 comments:

perfectly4med said...

Love the way you have brought all the elements together.

Thanks for joining us at the WOW! Embossing Powder March Challenge and good luck!

Neil

Sylvia said...

Great tag, I am becomming fond of the Ding Dong Bird, don't retire him too soon. Congrats on winning last week, I am going over to take a look at the Paperartsy blog.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag, great techniques! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Artistic Stamper!
Alison xx

ionabunny said...

Hi Sylv, your comment made me laugh. Thanks for that. I am so glad you are enjoying Ding Dong Bird. You know how it is with the favourite stamp/colour/technique of the moment, it's everywhere. Don't want to be boring. The new stamps arrived today and they are fab and I am sure they will be appearing very soon.....

Von said...

Love the way ding dong stands out from the back ground :)
Von ♥

Kay Wallace said...

I am not tiring of Ding Dong--or your art work, Gail! We all have our "go-to" stamps that we use over and then over again! Great tags! Good luck in the challenge!

Linda M. Cain said...

This is just perfect! I LOVE it!

~Linda

Trish said...

I love your tag! Can't get bored with the old Ding Song Bird lol!

Gillian .... said...

Congrats on your win last week, the subtle background works well with the composition of the bird stamp. Thanks for joining in our GD challenge this week.

Emma Williams said...

I absolutely love your tag...it's fabulous!! Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at The Artistic Stamper Creative Team blog and if you would like to enter a second project, then please feel free to do so!