Sunday 10 March 2013

Distracted Again!!!

Hello blogfriends.  It's a cold, cold evening.  -8°C on the thingymagadget.  Brrrrrrr.  Poor bunnies.  OK, so they have fur coats and don't mind the cold so much.  Places to go and plenty hay and straw so they can sit out in it or snuggle up cosy.   I was out this afternoon in the sunshine trying to add a bit of insulation to some of the cages.  We are hoping for baby bunnies next weekend and that it will warm up a lot before they arrive.  The latest forecast suggests not, so I was out today trying to make sure there's a snuggly place for the new arrivals.  As a last resort I can move the expectant mothers inside, but they won't like that at all.  I have an order in for warmer weather.  We shall see.

So anyway, my second post today and not at all what I intended to be working on.  It's going to be a late night I expect.  But what better to do when it's cold outside than sit in and do a bit of crafting.


 I have used a leftover from yesterdays messy painting for the heart.   If you want to know a bit more about it it's here.  Basically it's acrylic paints on smoothy stamping card with some white paint marker highlights.  The rabbit is Sizzix Stuffed Bunny paper pieced with some iridescent glossy camera unfriendly paper.  I am a bit disappointed with the photo because the real thing looks much more vibrant with a nice 3D effect.  The card is embossed with Sizzix Retro Circle embossing folder and the sentiment is computer generated. 

I am going to join in with
CASology - Bunny
Craft-room Challenge - From Me to You
Simon Says Stamps - A Bit of Green

Have a great evening.  I am going to make a hot chocolate and then I shall be crafting on because there are a couple of deadlines looming and the mojo is upon me.  Craft on good friends, craft on. 

9 comments:

Rosemary said...

what a fun card! the bunny looks so sweet against the heart! i hope that your real bunnies stay nice and warm!! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, Gail, this is one very artistic bunny card! Love the painting and the cool paper the bunny is cut from...I can tell it is cool even though, as you say, it didn't cooperate when you tried to photograph it. Still cool! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Ardyth said...

I LOVE that 'messy painting' - the colour and texture is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week - hope it warms up where you are soon!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, the bunny looks great against the messy heart. Messy painting sounds just down my street got to try it!

Sylv xx

Zoechaos said...

Great fun card and i hope given how cold it has been today that the bunnies are all snug. Unfortunatly our challenge at Craft-Room Challenge this week time is to make a gift for someone but thank you for sharing with us. XOXO Zoe

cheiron said...

What a fun card! Love the messy paint background. Thanks for playing along with the Bit O'Green Challenge this week over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Nikki Byrne said...

Lovely embossing and cute bunny :o)Thank you for joining us this fortnight at craft-room challenge. good luck. hugs

NIKKI

ionabunny said...

Thanks for your comment. A handmade card, what better a gift? OK, understand you were maybe looking for something less flat but it is going to my significant other so definitely a gift. Will maybe try again if I get time.

Maria said...

This is so gorgeous! I hope the babies arrive safe and sound and the weather picks up for them.

Maria x