Monday 18 March 2013

Looking for the Easter Bunny

Hello Nomad followers and friends.  Hope you all had a crafty good weekend.  I can't believe that next weekend it's Easter.  I know it's middling to early this year but it just doesn't feel quite like spring yet.  It was warmer today but we had a very cold gale blowing.  I stripped the bed, washed the sheets, put them on the line, re-pegged them 6 times!  Dry in half an hour!!  Who needs a tumble drier.   Of course, with the tumble drier there is less chance your laundry will blow away.  Laugh. 

I always think of spring as shades of bright colours, new leaves, new grass, all those spring flowers, lambs jumping, bunnies hopping, that sort of thing.  I am still waiting for the bunnies to hop, definitely no lambs here for a while yet and not much sign of the bright colours either.  Even so I have managed to create a colour riot that maybe will make me feel a bit more springy.  


I did say a riot.  I think this is one that some people will like and some people will think I need my brain adjusted.  OK, so there are probably people who think I need my brain adjusted before I made this.  I like it.  Please feel free to comment.  I wanted to make an Easter card for the Cheery Lynn challenge and I knew I wanted to use the Pixie Guardian die which is new for me and I already love it.  It cuts like a dream and there are some very interesting negative shapes.  I had a challenge with my colour scheme.  What do you mean you can see that!!  This wasn't actually where I started but whilst madly cutting anything that I could find, just to see how this die looked in different colours, I found the pink graduated card in the scrap box and thought it looked perfect.  Then I cut the royal purple as well and thought that was nice to.  Then I did a bit of puzzling, putting the purple negative pieces into the pink die cut.  Yeah, really.  I also cut this die in black and stuck it behind slightly out of line to give me a subtle shadow. 

Simon Says Stamp challenge is a sketch and I thought this would work well for my Die cut.  All the papers are from a bumper value pack from the local Nille.  The top layer I stamped with a stamp from Crafty Individuals Floral Flourishes set.  Top left, bottom right I stamped with Memento Tuxedo black and then covered with iridescent glitter glue.  Then I layered it on the brown polka dot paper.  The third layer I cut the corners with Cheery Lynn Love You More die to give a doily effect.  I cut a strip of the stripe paper and stuck it on the LHS as per the sketch.  The two polka dot layers, the broad strip and the edges of the card were all distressed and edged with DI Walnut Stain.  There's a butterfly from Cheery Lynn's mini dimensional butterflies die as well. 


There's me bunny.  I was going to put an Easter Egg in the basket but couldn't find anything I liked the right size.  Then I spotted this little fellow on some baby paper and thought he fitted perfectly.  Something for the Guardian to guard.  

Entering this for 
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 71 - Easter
Simon Says Stamps - Choose a sketch I used sketch 1
Dies to Die For Challenge - Spring 

Take care.  Thanks for dropping by. 

8 comments:

Lori said...

Love your creativity with your card. Thank you for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck.

D said...

Love the cute little fairy!

Sylvia said...

Great colours to chase away the dull miserable days. Love the die with the fairy. Looking down on the bunny, very clever card.

Sylv xx

Melissa Bove said...

Very creative card! Love the little bunny peeking out! Very cute!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Kay Wallace said...

I think my very favorite part, Gail, is the color palette you have chosen! I am so tired of grey dismal days, that your Spring colors have definitely cheered me! ;-)

xxxtglxxx said...

Lovely, bright and cheery card! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at Cheery Lynn Designs,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Loopylou. said...

he he he!! too cute!!
thank you for sharing it with us over on the DTDF challenge
hugs Lou xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is gorgeous, thank you for joining us at D2D4 Challenges this time huggles Pops x x x