Friday 8 March 2013

Hedgehog Bread

Good evening everyone.  Ready for the weekend?  I've got the bread in the oven.  No really, real bread in the real oven.  I tried to make one look a bit hedgehog by clipping some spikes but I don't think I was daring enough.  I think they might look more like pimples!  So it will be round pimple bread, cos I didn't do anything about his (it's?!!) snout either.  Ah well, bakery experiments are always a winner as long as they taste OK.  

It seems that everyone is thinking spring at the moment.  I am still hoping.  They have forecast snow for us tomorrow and cold again.  Hee hee more craft time.  This is a quick post because apart from the bread I still have cookies to bake for a party tomorrow.  

I have been having another play with Rangers blending technique because it gives such gorgeous results.  Must apologise but I neglected to take any photo's, except of the completed card, so hopefully I will be able to explain. 


I'm quite pleased with this.  It looks a bit like watercolours but it's actually mostly distress inks. I started with the dark stripe.  First I tore a piece of paper and stuck the two part so they covered the two edges of the card and left a broad stripe.  Then working with my blending tool I applied (from the left) DI Mowed Lawn, Shabby Shutters and Pine Needles.  I actually wanted this as an upright card but when I removed the paper the stripe wasn't central so portrait becomes landscape.  Next I stamped the hares using Memento Tuxedo Black.  The stamp was a freebie on Craft Stamper magazine April 2012.  This is a cling stamp and it didn't take the ink as densely as I would have liked.  I debated over stamping but decided not really really black was better than blurred!  I was going to leave it there, a bit CAS, but when I came back to it I thought the flat stamp base looked a bit hard, so I doodled a bit with a black pen.  Then I thought a sun would be good, so I tore a round hole in a piece of paper and used the same blending technique with Whispers Inks, Orange, Butterscotch and Mossy Stone.  Then I thought OK, a touch of DI Salty Ocean for the sky and some Shabby Shutters for the field.  

I am entering this for

Have a great weekend everyone.  Thanks for stopping by. 

7 comments:

Carole Z said...

Super card Gail, super inking effects..thanks for joining in with us at Emergency Crafter this time, Carole Z X

Sylvia said...

Great technique, love the hare stamp with the extra doodling and the sun.

Sylv xx

pinky said...

Beautiful project! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

brenda said...

A really gorgeous Spring time card using the Indigo Blue image.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work and joining us this month at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

I have a celebration with lots of prizes and it would be wonderful if you have time to create something to join in, you can check it out here

Joy said...

Cute.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely!!

Francesca said...

Fantastic card
Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations

Hugs
Francesca