Sunday 31 March 2013

Lovely Lavender

Good evening blog friends and followers.  I hope the Easter Bunny has been kind and you haven't overdosed on those choccy eggs.  You know, it's not until you move away from home that you realise that all you hold as normal is actually just local and not everyone in the world is lucky enough to have chocolate Easter eggs.  I am not talking about the poor and the hungry, whom we should not forget, but about here in Norway where you buy a paper egg decorated with merry Easter scenes and then fill it with Pick and Mix.  It's always a bit of a disappointment I find.  Give me a choccy egg any day.  I mean which is more likely?  The Easter Rabbit lays Chocolate or Paper eggs??  

I am still waiting for Spring.  I hear much of the UK is having snow so we are lucky in that the days remain sunny and cold with the nights just cold.  It's nice to see so many bright projects around the internet.  Maybe with enough positive thinking we can push the seasons ahead.  Quite honestly I would welcome a bit of Global Warming about now........

I have been working on a project for the Altered Pages Challenge where they want us to Think Lavender.  I was in the mood for an ATC and decided to use Eco-Board ATC from Altered Pages.  These are lovely and chunky to work with.  I started with three shades of purple acrylic paint, light, medium and dark, and with three of the ATC's.

I painted the ATC's with white acrylic and then painted each with a different shade of purple and then rough painted with a contrasting purple and then a bit more white.  Splish splash having a laugh.   I choose the one I liked best and blended a bit more white around the edges and then coloured that with Distress Ink Dusty Concord.  I stamped using Clearsnap Faux Postal stamps in Memento Black Tuxedo and Brilliance Galaxy Gold.   

I stamped one of the ladies from PaperArtsy Lynne Perrella Collection 001 onto white card, blended in some DI Dusty Concord, spritzed with water and dried to give a mottled effect.  Then I fussy cut my lady and added some corners cut using Sizzix ATC and Corners die.  I highlighted her shell earrings and necklace with glossy accents. 

I stuck lace around the edges of the ATC, added my lady, a purple wavy line gelly sticker and two resin flowers from Webster's Pages Perfect Accents. 

Entering this for the following challenges:
Altered Pages Challenge 7 - Lavender Thoughts
Simon Says Stamps - Anything Goes

Have a great evening everyone.  Thanks for dropping by.

7 comments:

Sylvia said...

Great ATC, love the background and the main stamp, fabulous.

Sylv xx

Annie said...

Absolutely gorgeous....so love LP stamps. Great background. TFS

Annie x

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous ATC.Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.
luv
Debby

Gia Lau said...

I love your ATC-the effects you got on your stamped image are really neat.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous ATC Gail, love that image! x

Redanne said...

The background you created is beautiful and I really love that LP stamp you used (in fact I just love LP stamps altogether!). A really beautiful ATC. Anne x

Kay Wallace said...

Just one super ATC, Gail! I love that you made three bases using shades of the same color, then added a bit of each shade to the others! Brilliant was to create a "series" of ATCs! Love the one you completed...regal!