Monday 11 March 2013

Arrrrrgggggggggg!!

Good morning, good morning.  Well the week is off to a flying start.  Actually, if I must be truthful, and I find that is usually best, I have yet to put my head down cos the craft is upon me.  Starting to feel a bit like I have been staring into bright lights for a long time but the project finally shimmied into place and overall I am a very contented bunny after a bit of a marathon session.  Anyway, there was nothing worth watching on TV and inky fingers are a much more satisfying end to the weekend.  Even if it is technically Monday already.  

Over at Cheery Lynn they wanted us to use doilies.  So I came up with......


After much altering of ideas and deliberation on colour scheme it was Crafty Individuals Travels in Italy papers to the rescue.  I love these collage papers and this particular one is my all time favourite.  I have been working with some wild colours this weekend and I really had the need for a good dose of blue.  I cut two of Cheery Lynn Spring Flower Burst Doily from cream hammered card and coloured them with a mix of Versa Magic Chalk Ink Night Sky, Ocean Depth and Agean Blue.  What dreamy names!  Love the soft matte effect.  I used one doily whole and then cut the other into quarters and used three pieces on the corners.  


The ticket is Darice embossing folder 12" Ticket, embossed onto Core'dinations card and sanded.  There are three tickets on this embossing folder and each has a different number.  I like that touch.  The hearts that are scattered around are some pretty dome stickers I had in my stock.  The bow and adhesive pearls are Papermania.   I backed the whole thing with some black card for a bit of added classiness. 


I really love these chalk inks on the doily.  I think it looks a bit like aged metal.  I haven't zoomed in on my journalling because, just between you and me, my new white paint marker threw a bit of a wobbler and my writing isn't quite up to scratch.  I just wanted to say that this is the ticket to my heart......
Awww, dat romantic.  I think the problem with the marker might have been a little bit due to operator error.  Ah well, tomorrows another day.  Craft away.......

Entering this for
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 70 - Doilies 
Simon Says Stamp and Show - By the Numbers 

Thanks so much for dropping by.  Your support and comments are really appreciated.  Be safe, be warm, craft on........

6 comments:

Jenn Bedient said...

Beautiful! Love the ticket and doilies, and the paper is wonderful!

- Jenn

shulsart said...

What a lovely artsy layout, great use of the doily for corner pieces. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

Kay Wallace said...

Gorgeous layout, Gail! You are right, that paper is amazing and provides the perfect backdrop for that sweet ticket to your heart. Very artsy that you repeated the 'berries' on a few of the doilies that were on that perfectly-tied bow! Good luck!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous colours on this one, just love the backing paper especially the piece with the mask peeping through.

Sylv xx

Jean Hardy said...

Beautiful colour scheme Gail, and your doilies look great with the blue touch. Lovely, Jean x

Sandra said...

Stunning card, love the background and that mask that's poping out. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra