Monday 25 March 2013

Awake Sweet Spring

Good evening blogland.  Hope everyone had a great weekend.  It's holding sunny and cold here.  I really think Spring has taken a wrong turn.  Lots of challenges are looking for a spring theme and I had this beautiful stamp from Sweet Pea Stamps that made me think that's how Spring would look asleep and maybe the butterflies are trying to wake her. 


I started with Tando Creative Arabian Styled Arch Frame.  I just wanted to use one of the arch pieces and cut a card to match the shape.  I painted the arch with white acrylic and then added some Distress Ink Dusty Concord to it and the card.  Then I embossed the card with Sizzix Thickets embossing folder and highlighted the raised image with Brilliance Rocket Red Gold and Galaxy Gold. 


This photo was taken at a slightly different angle and shows the shimmer really well.  



I stamped the image, Rachel Anderson's Sunset stamp, on white card and then added some Dusty Concord, spritzed with water and blotted it with a paper towel.  This gave a lovely aged mottled effect.  I fussy cut the image.  I stamped on the arch with a flower stamp from Crafty Individuals CI-293 Floral Circle set and Dusty Concord.  I backed the arch with a piece of lace and added some paper roses and a fabric flower with pearls.  I added some butterflies die cut from card I made using alcohol inks.  I used the smallest die from Cheery Lynn's Mini Dimensional Butterflies. 


Here's a close up of the sleepy Spring and the butterflies.  I hope they wake her soon!  

Entering this for the following challenges
Tando Creative Challenges - Flowers 
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge - Think Spring
Kortgleder Marsutfordring - Var
It's All About The Vintage - Think of Spring with Lace
Simon Says Stamps - Easter/Spring

I'd like to thank Holley for sending me this lovely stamp after her month of celebration in February.   

Hope you all have a wonderful week.  Thanks for dropping by.  Take care and I hope Spring is with us all soon.  

9 comments:

Joann said...

Pretty card! Thanks for joining in the fun this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.

Debbie's Time Out said...

Very nice. Unique shape. Thanks for joing us at Cheery Lynn Designs.

Sylvia said...

This is so beautiful, the stamped image is perfect on that lovely background.

Sylv xx

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous creation! Love the embossing and golden effect! Thanks for joining my challenge over at It's All About The Vintage & Beauty Challenge! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Such a gorgeous arch...love the texture you have achieved. Thank you for joining in with It's all About the Vintage, wishes Suzanne xx

Joy said...

So pretty, love the tutorial.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Dana Tatar said...

Wow! This arch is so beautiful! I love the gold highlights. Thanks for joining the Tando Challenge!

Time to be creativ said...

Was für ein schönes kleines Kunstwerk.
Du machst tolle Dinge.
Liebe Grüße, Anja

Carol Plume said...

very pretty arch - liking the background technqiue - thank you for sharing at tando creative this month.