Monday 4 March 2013

All Things Bright and Wonderful

Hello, hello, Crafty followers and friends.  I have been playing with P. Raspberry again because I needed some bright colours on this cold, wet, grey day.  Hope the sun has been shining on your little bit of the planet.  I spent quite a lot of time today aimlessly looking around blogland.  One blog led to another and I found some little gems and had quite a nice time looking at things from a different angle.  Not very productive in terms of project generation but some days, when simple things are difficult and difficult things are, it's nice to coast around hoping for a shot of inspiration.   I did stumble across a sentiment I liked and it fitted this card so the time was well spent.  

I have used a blending technique with Distress Inks that I saw on the Ranger site and have tweaked it a little to suit the project.



For my background I used Distress Inks P.Raspberry, Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn.  I used my blending tool to apply them in stripes on a piece of white card.  Then I cut the whole thing up into triangles, mixed them up and put it back together.  Paper patchwork.  I saw this sentiment and thought it would be perfect for this card.  I was a bit daring because I wrote it straight onto my card.  It's not perfect but it's personal and in this instance that's the most important.  I used a stamp from Pandoro's Filurer set.  I wrote Think Positive in the sign.  I liked the contrast between the bright background and the black and white Filurer.  



Entering this for
Stampotique Designers Challenge 89 - Triangles
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes  

That Craft Place - Anything Goes

Have a great evening everyone.  Hoping to wake tomorrow re-inspired.  Thanks for dropping by. 

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

Love this bright querky card.

Sylv xx

debby4000 said...

What sunny colours, great card.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

Gez Butterworth said...

Brilliant! and what a fantastic sentiment!

Thank you for joining Stampotique Designers Challenge. Gez

Kay Wallace said...

Fantastic use of those triangles, Gail!! The image you chose is perfect for the fun background. Love it!

mixamatoasties said...

It's a sentiment we would all do well to remember.

Thank you for joining in at That Craft Place this time.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and fab background! Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC