Saturday 23 March 2013

Port Out Starboard Home

Hello and welcome.  I hope that you are having a great weekend.  I have been working on a few things crafty but ended up coming back to this tag I started a couple of days ago.  If you want the in depth on how I got this far check out the previous post. 



This is where I left it on the last post.  As a quick recap I have blended DI Pine Needles, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire and then stamped with white acrylic paint.  The stamp I used is Great Impressions E391.   I started this tag wanting it to be a sea scene which suited the sentiment on the stamp perfectly. 



I stamped the same sentiment on white card using DI Walnut Stain and then tore around it.  I blended Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn, edged with Walnut Stain and then spritzed with water.  I dried it and then stamped using DI Dusty Concord and the small shell stamp from PaperArtsy Lynne Perrella Collection 001.  These arrived yesterday and I was so keen to try them out.  Fab stamps.  Thanks PaperArtsy.  They also changed this project because my original plan was to do some sort of sinking ship and a lighthouse and something else maybe.  Well, I've still got the lighthouse............


 

I stamped the Lady With the Ship on her Head.  Mrs Neptune maybe?  I have admired Lynne Perrella's stamps for a long time but these are the first ones I have used.  They are so beautifully detailed and I love the quirky designs.  This one perfectly fitted the sentiment and my theme.   The lighthouse was a sticky rubdown.  My original idea was to use Beadazzle beads but it was too coarse to stick so I used white flock.  This didn't show up against the background so I did a little experiment with Dusty Concord.  I quite like how it looks foggy. 


The tie is a piece of torn cotton fabric coloured with Salty Ocean.  I washed it slightly to react the ink and also so when I screwed it up it would hold the creases.  I dried it till it was damp and then stamped using the small shell stamp again with DI Dusty Concord and then used the True North stamp with Walnut Stain.  I attached it using a polka dot brad.  

I am entering this for 
PaperArtsy - Welcome Back Linda Cain  I was intending to try a different technique as demonstrated by Linda but I haven't got my canvas fnished so I thought I'd share another tag.  The same but different.......

Thanks for visiting.  Take care, keep warm, be crafty.

6 comments:

brenda said...

You have created a really super tag, super resist stamping and really like that sentiment.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

pinky said...

That is so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Candy C said...

Your tag is very cool! I love the blended background. I also love the resist technique you used on words you used in the background. The sentiment is really a good one and so goes with the stamp of the female that you've used on your tag. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Sally H said...

Such a beautiful tag! Thanks for joining in our 'Great Outdoors' challenge at Stamping sensations and good luck!

Artyjen said...

Thanks for playing along at The Artistic Stamper with your tag.....love that sentiment fits so well with the images ;)
xoxo Sioux

Deli-аrt said...

Привет, Гейл! Мне очень понравился твой блог!!!
Хочу научится делать подобные коллажи...Я только начинаю... Чувствую родство душ.
Я живу в Украине. Английский текс преревожу гуглом, это очень приблизительный перевод...но, для творческих душ это не помеха, верно? :-)))