Saturday 2 March 2024

Viking In The Fjords

Hello Nomad friends.  It's the second of the month and time for the Card Chain Challenge Reveal with a new product and a new addiction for me LOL.   I am a big Waffle Flower fan, right back to their beginnings when their quirky and unique designs caught my eye.  Now unless you are living under a rock you have probably seen the postage collage die being use all over the place and that's Waffle Flower and well done them for coming up with such a hot item.  Always lovely to see the little companies getting big support.  I am lusting after the postage collage series, which is difficult to source this side of the pond and going like hotcakes, but perusing their other products the layered stencils caught my eye.  Particularly the scenes. So I took the plunge and paid really money (as opposed to waiting for a sale) for a few of their products including Moon Bay layered stencil set.  This is my first attempt and I judged it good enough to use on this card.  Love it.  Had to consult with my muse (Jo) for what to do, because quite honestly it's so pretty with nothing else, and how could I have missed the fjord opportunities???????.........  Remedied the problem by pulling out MFT's I Vike You set.  I have since found other Viking stamps so stay tunaed.......

Here's the card I sent to Arlene in California

I think the sky is more blue and less moody in the real but I was having trouble with my colour levels.  My viking kept going green! so you will just have to extrapolate.  I followed the sketch, which required a skewed panel, and I could have done that differently so the horizon was more horizont, but it's too late once the glue is dry isn't it.  I also used the colour options, with a few additions and stencils, friendship and men in hats.  OK, men in hats wasn't an option, but maybe it should be!!!!   A few MFT sentiments and baby dragon, cos every viking had a dragon you know and a few die cut birds to finish.  

You can check out all the amazing cards that wizzed around the planet in February HERE

If you would like to send and recieve some happy snail mail here's the SIGN UP

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Fur or Feather
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge Week 768 - Spring


14 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

What a fabulous card Gail love that scene you have created the Viking fits in perfectly thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Your Viking looks right at home in that beautiful scene, Gail - just love it!!

Angelnorth said...

I’ve been living under a rock (but you know that) — never heard of the WF collage thing. You’ve done a grand job with the scenic stencil though and the addition of the Viking is perfect, really made me smile!

Ellibelle said...

What a fun card you created with great colors for this fabulous scene! Love how it turned out!

Liz said...

A super card Gail, I love your little Viking. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz xx

Julia Aston said...

Well, anyone receiving this card would certainly have a Norse day for sure Gail - I kept getting lost in reading your dialogue which goes down several dead end paths but kept me laughing for sure! A really fun card for our Feb Challenge!!

Imke said...

Wow, Gail the background is amazing. Great card !

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

papierelle said...

It's well known that the Vikings traveled all the way to America and now someone has done it again... *LOL*

Dotty Jo said...

You already know how much I LOVE this card! Although the Anglo Saxons may dispute this, I always think the addition of a random Viking is a sure fire winner, Muse Jo x

Arlene said...

I absolutely loved this card. She made me want to get that stencil for myself. And who doesn't like a Viking in their lives? Such fun.

brenda said...

Such a colourful and fun Spring card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Many thanks for sharing this lovely, fun card in our challenge at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

HilaryJane said...

What a fun card, and description. Great colours too xx

Gail said...

Ha! That is so great!
Lovely background, and the Viking...what can I say!
He's perfect, and so is his dragon!