Wednesday 27 March 2024

It's Penguining To Look A Lot Like Cake Time

Hello Nomad friends.  Lots of Easter fun going on with some of the Norwegian groups and one of them wants a birthday card with an non-traditional birthday stamp.  So I decided to go with penguins, like you do.  Everyone loves penguins!   Why relegate them to Christmas!!   Especially when they have cake and chocolate tea!!!!!

I cut my card base from a piece of fancy edge bazzill.  I decided the large scallops were fun and added a mid green layer.  Then I embossed a piece of cream card with Darice birthday embossing folder and liberally smeared with Twisted Citron distress ink.  I cut an ATC, dusted with emerald and lime green brusho powder and spritzed with water.  When it was dry I embossed it with the same folder, added the magical birthday stamped panel and that cute penguin, stamped, coloured and fussy cut.  I added the atc to the centre of the card and a couple of stamped, coloured and fussy cut Poppystamp Love Note penguins as additional support at the bottom.

 Open sesame!!!  Why sesame???  Anyway, I digress.........
Inside we have a pocket made with an offcut of the bazzill scallop edge card, more Poppystamp penguins and the guy in the middle is fetching the cake!!!   I grounded the penguins on some grass die cut from some green card with gold paint splatts.  The penguins are coloured with Promarkers.  The tea is chocolate and very tasty............

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Poppystamps Challenge 114 - Mixed Media Mash-Up used distress ink, paint, brusho's and Promarkers
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Emboss It
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Die Cut Divas Challenge - AG


4 comments:

Michelle N. said...

How clever-I've never heard of chocolate tea! Those penguins are adorable! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh wow! What a nice card and a gift inside too! You're going to make someone SO HAPPY!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card, the penguins are cute and I agree, good anytime of the year! Thanks for sharing this with us at Poppystamps!

Arlene said...

I've heard of chocolate tea, but never tasted it. I guess I'm not courageous enough. LOL

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.