Saturday 2 October 2021

Food For Thought

Hello Nomad friends.  It's World Card Making Day and I hope you have had a chance to get crafty.  The day started rainy, and I thought I would be card making all day, but the sun came out and there were pumpkins to pick......  But I did manage to finish this card inspired by The Paper Events challenge and also De Egel, where they want patchwork

When I think paper-patchwork my mind immediately goes to my Star Quilt die.  I used a medium grey card base and cut the star quilt from black card.  The card is glossy on one side and matt on the other so I pieced the central rays back in reversing alternate pieces.  Then I used more of the base card and pale grey woodgrain card to piece the rest of the design.  I used Stamplorations Stitched Tags to cut more of the woodgrain card and stamped with various food related sentiments from Carmen's Veranda.  A bit of polka dot ribbon, a couple of brads and a few odd patchwork pieces to break up the open space at the bottom  of the card.  

Thanks for dropping by.  I do hope you have had a wonderful day.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
De-Egel Challenge 127 - Quilts/Patchwork
Stamplorations Challenge - Photo inspired by stars
Papercraft Challenge 74 - Sentiment as Focus







4 comments:

Monika Skinner said...

Loving your patchwork card, Gail. It really made me laugh, especially the apple suggestion. Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations Theme & Photo Prompt challenge. Good Luck!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great patchwork with all the sentiments, Gail - so fun to read them all!!

Nelleke said...

Hallo Gail,
Wat een gave kaart en mooi hoe je het patchwork hierop verwerkt hebt. Dank je wel voor jou bijdrage aan de patchworkuitdaging van de Egel. Groet, Nelleke

Jane said...

A great card Gail. Thanks so much for joining our October stamps and sparkle theme and photo prompt challenge over at STAMPlorations xx