Tuesday 14 April 2020

After The Weekend Is Over

Hello Nomad friends.  I have had a crafty Easter joining in some flash challenges on fb.  One of the last ones that posted was to use the scraps that resulted from the Easter Marathons.  Well, I thought this was a great idea cos usually they would either lie in a pile or get shoved onto Scrap Mountains.  Yep. my scrap mountain has friends!!!  Anyway, I didn't get to it last night so I got up bright and early and had a rattle through the pile.  Must have had a few lying there before I started cos a couple of hidden treasures appeared that I didn't generate this weekend.  So I chucked a few bit together, called it a design and ooohhhhhhh!!!  Magic!!!!


The green base card was cut special, and I don't really count pieces big enough to make a card size mat a scrap, but this yellow piece was left over from the weekend frenzy so.....  The girl is Unity, stamped on a white scrap, coloured with distress inks and fussy cut.  The pink flower and gold circles were bits I cut and didn't use.  The green piece with the blobs has been lying a while and was too cute to throw.  The film strip is a PaperArtsy stamp and I found it already stamped on a scrap of vellum at the bottom of the pile.  There is also a pale green jaggy border overlapping the vellum.  I was about too throw that but it was a very cute shape so I decided to add it to my design.  Really pleased with this card.  


Maybe I need to have another look to this pile!  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at 

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulously zingy! Jo x

Kristin Langnes said...

Love it!

Thanks for joining Scrsppelyst

Julie B said...

Great use of all your little bits that were too 'useful' to throw away!
Thanks for sharing at STAMPlorations. :)

Di said...

Love this Gail - it's a real blast of citrus. And That some scrap mountain there. From what you say you're building a whole range of mountains :)

Hope all is well.

Hugs

Di xx

Monika Skinner said...

Beautiful card, Gail. It's always good to use up the little bits. Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations Theme & Photo Prompt Challenge. Good Luck!