Saturday 29 February 2020

Another Scrap Bites the Dust

Hello Nomad friends.  Happy Leap Day!!!  Button up your coat and button down your hat!!  It's a windy day here in Norway land.  This ole house is rocking and creaking and the cat looked rather alarmed a while ago when nature threw a particularly fine gust in our direction.  I have had this xmas card in the making for a few days and now the end of February is nigh and it's time to get things finished and squeezed into a final few challenges.  


I continue to whittle away at Scrap Mountain.  The base card is a super-scrap, some ex-packaging.  I added a layer of grungy dotty designer paper.  The cat!   Well, that one came beautifully stamped and coloured on the outside of an envelope many moons ago.  I have the dies but not the stamps, so I clipped it out and kept it safe for today!!!   I added a die cut santa hat, red and white scraps, and a real little ding-a-ling bell.  The sentiment, Stamplorations die, was cut from the same red scrap I used for the hat and covered with gold glitter glue.  I stumbled across the black piece on my desk.  I think it's a negative cut from a Marianne Design die.  Too pretty to throw away, so I edged it with Candied Apple distress Ox and matted the sentiment on it.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Off to beat up some focaccia bread dough.  Nam nam.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
February Rudolph Days Challenge
Pixies Snippets Playground Challenge 372
Christmas Kickstart Challenge 28 - Red
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 479
52 Weeks to Christmas Februari Challenge - Dots


15 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Loving all the red! You are the recycling Queen - I'd have saved that kitty too. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart gaina, Jo x.

Sarn said...

Great use of snippets on this card Gail.

Come and find me in The Playground Treehouse . . . Plenty to share from my satchel and make you forget about the weather! X

Fikreta said...

It's great!

Anita van Deur said...

Love the red kat and the little bell.
Anita

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fabulous card Gail. Thanks for joining in at the Rudolph Days Callenge this month.

Sue xx

Jantine said...

Wow, beautifully upcycled all these scraps! Lovely card.
Thanks for joining the challenge at 52WTC!
Jantine DT 52WTC

Annemarie en Merit said...

Lovely christmas card, thanks for joining the challenge at 52WTC!

Annemarie and Merit
DT52WTC

Enny said...

Oh, what a beautiful Christmas card, and made with "leftovers", great ! Love the cat !! Enny

sweet art designs said...

WhatThank you for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Card Weekly Challenge - Myrna DT a fun card.

Diny said...

Nici card!

Rosina said...

Beautiful Christmas card with the red cat...nice dots paper ..

hugs Rosina
DT 52 WTC

sweet art designs said...

What a fun card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Card Weekly Challenge - Myrna DT

Di said...

Great card Gail - love the funky cat! Check the Playground out for the new challenge and kitty cat prize(s) on offer. Even though I'm a dog person, I do still feel bad that I neglect cat themes when thinking of prizes.

Hugs
Di xx

Suzan said...

Prachtig kaartje heb je gemaakt voor de challenge!
Groetjes Suzan
DT 52WTC

scrappymo! said...

Your card is so cute and has a very, very fun main image. That cat is a hoot!

Sorry I am so late getting round to visiting. Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.